October 5, 2011

The Christianville Spirit: My Thoughts on Halloween


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Sparks Your Heart
October 5, 2011-TCS # 269
So, As most of you know, it’s that time of year again. Now, usually I write that during the Holiday Season but, this time I mean Halloween which is My Least Favorite time of year. You See, I’ve always had some kind of dislike of the holiday known as Halloween, even when I was younger but, I hate it more now than I did. There are several things that I don’t like about it. First, the scariness of it, like for example, Haunted Houses, Anything with Blood in it, and stuff that it seems like it came out of a Horror Movie. Next, the thing that bugs me the most, Costumes. Now, don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind seeing the cute ones of Children and I can see their face. But, I don’t like the Masks, any kind of Mask; Scary Ones, That Scream Mask that bleeds(that by the way, makes me sick), Alien Masks, and any other kind of Mask. I don’t like Masks because I like to see the persons face, I mean it’s weird when your used to talking to a person’s face, instead your talking to a Mask or when someone says, “Talk to The Hand”, I’d rather not talk to a Hand. Now, because I told you this, I should tell you that I did do it when I was a Child but, I didn’t really comprehend how much I hate Halloween now than when I was younger. I can tell you that the only thing I like about Halloween is the candy, especially the Caramel Candy Corn. My Mom would always say, when I asked “Why do we have Halloween?”, She would say, “It was to celebrate the Fall Harvest but, I think that Satan got a hold of it and made it scary”. I think one of the reason I don’t like Halloween more now Vs. When I was Younger is because Halloween was a little more innocent then. Now, It’s more scarier than it was. Now, believe it or not, I do have a Favorite Halloween Memory (even I don’t like Halloween) from when I was Younger. You See, My Brother, The Barsi Kids(Mr. Jeff’s Kids),The Herricks and I were one of the lucky children of Plano because we could run through four yards without running into a fence and we lived on a cul-de-sac. So one year, We decided to have a Halloween Block Party on our Cul-de-sac. After it was all set up, we ate dinner at the table on the cul-de-sac then, they assigned one of the parents to take a group of us kids to go Trick-or-Treating. After we went Trick-or-Treating, we went back to the party, we hung out for a while, and then we went back inside. However, that was a fun Halloween. All in all, try to remember that not everyone likes Halloween, it can be a scary thing especially for those who can’t express themselves.
Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Try to step into others ‘ Shoes. You might see a different world.         

No comments: