August 31, 2011

The Christianville Spirit: New PTLS Family Members in Norway

The Christianville Spirit

The Spirit that Sparks Your Heart

August 31, 2011- TCS # 264


So, The number of people and families with PTLS are growing as we speak; which means that there are new people coming from new countries. Now, My Readers, being a Geography Wiz I have to admit I do have My Favorites including the country I live in. However, My Favorite Country in one of My Favorite Regions of The World got a new PTLS Family. The Region is Scandinavia which consists of Denmark, Sweden, Norway, and Finland. By the way, 3 of them being Norway, Sweden, and Denmark are my favorite. So far there is one in Denmark, three in Sweden, and wait for it.. the first in Norway! Now, as you can tell I’m very exited about this one just like I was with the first from Sweden. Norway, though gets my attention for many reasons. The First came after finding out that Norway was near the top of “The Best Countries in The World” List that I discovered in Newsweek Magazine. After that, came a post on Facebook about “The World’s Happiest Countries” from Forbs.com which Norway topped the list. The fact in “The World’s Happiest Countries” article that got me the most was reading that 74% of Norwegians trust each other, that floored me, I was so amazed. Then, out of curiosity I decided to drive around on Google Maps’ Street View, which started in Oslo and turned into a 3 day Cyber-Drive across the Mountains and Fjords from Oslo to Bergen, which by the way in all was a 515 Kilometer drive. After seeing all the Fjords, Mountains, and Pure Beauty; I couldn’t get enough of it. Then, I watched a show called Rick Steve’s Europe, that I had recorded, and it told me that Norwegians love Life (Just like Me), Their Nature Lovers, and they just love the Clean Air and Beauty that Norway is covered with. Of Course, then I did a cyber-drive recently from an Awesomely Beautiful Fjord to a town called Drammen and then, cross into Sweden and drove to a town called Örebro. Now, the Awesomely Beautiful Fjord was so Magnificent with steep hills, a lake in the middle, a road driving along side a steep cliff and a Waterfall coming down the cliff, further down the road; it’s one of those places on earth that gives you an image of what Heaven would be like, it’s that Awesome. Now I can see why Norwegians are Nature Lovers and Why they are so happy, it’s because you have little slices of Heaven only a couple hours (that being 200 or 300 Kilometers, at least) outside of the Nation’s Capitol of Oslo. By the way, I should mention in Oslo that it’s home of the Nobel Peace Prize and They have a Nobel Peace Prize in Stockholm, Sweden’s Capitol too. Now, the only down side that I know of is that it’s Wicked Expensive there (A 50% Tax-rate, by the way), The Food I’ve heard is what alot of people say is dull, and finally, They struggle with acceptance of people like me who have Special Needs. Now, don’t let me deter you or anything but, Norway is an awesome country, I just wish that they’d be more receptive to people with Special Needs. Maybe I need to go over there and help raise awareness and acceptance. That would be one of My Dream Jobs next working with Uncle Brent and his company. All in all, to sum up Norway is like many Slices of Heaven called Fjords and The air is so clear that your lungs will love you forever, in fact it’s actually a Local Joke there; that breathing in and out saying, “ahhhhh” is part of Conversation and a big Phrase.




Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. As along as You enjoy Life, it doesn’t matter where you live. Here or elsewhere.

No comments: