August 3, 2011

The Christianville Spirit: Job Interview Questions

The Christianville Spirit

The Spirit that Sparks Your Heart

August 3, 2011- TCS # 261


You Know those thoughts that come up at night? Like ideas about something you should do, or in my case, Write about? Well, what I’m going to tell you this week is one of them. So, the other night I thought about Job Interview Questions like “Where do you see yourself in 10 Years?” or “What is your greatest weakness?” and I thought of the answers to those. Now, why I would think about Job Interview Questions, I don’t know, but, My Guess would be because Employers scour The Internet looking for good employees. Of Course, Most People don’t know this, but the employers look all over the internet; From Blogs, Facebook, Myspace, or anything. They do this because they want to find out what kind of person you are. So, to help myself and them with it, I’m going to answer some. Commonly, the first question they ask is usually Tell Me about Yourself; Well, first My Name is Christian, I love Geography, I’m VERY Routine Oriented (which in Corporate America is a very important thing) and yes, I do have Special Needs called Potocki-Lupski Syndrome. Next, the order of questions change but, generally they ask Where do you see yourself 10 Years?; Well, I see myself being successful in anything I do and living with My future Soulmate and living happily. Following that, They’ll ask Tell Me about/What are your Strengths? Geography, Being Routine Oriented, I get along with Everyone, I follow direction, and Have Great Work Ethic. Next, is probably the hardest one to answer because it’s like a do or die kind of question, What is Your Greatest Weakness?; and, I would probably say that I take things too literally sometimes, I do things kind of slow (Now, depending on where your applying, that can Make or Break your chance of a job) and as You can see as My Mom tells me, I really like to use Capitol Letters (which can drive one who likes Good Grammar, Crazy). Now, this question to be honest with you, annoys me when I hear someone ask it but, Why should I hire You? Because of My good Work Ethic, Being Routine Oriented, being Happy all the time, take direction well and I am good about Following Rules and making sure Everyone else does also. Next, the next to last question, What was Your Greatest Professional Achievement? Well, back in High School, I had an Office Aid job at the school, which I delivered stuff to the classrooms or subject offices. But, the highlight was when I was Parking Lot Attendant and I was to make sure that the Staff and Visitors parked in the right places. I had to write down the License Plate Number of the violator car, which as you can imagine got many staff members very upset. I was even getting bribed by My Teachers. But, I stood firm on the rules and as a result I achieved 100% Compliance for the first time in Many Years. Finally, The last question that usually people forget to answer, have enough information, or will ask a friend who works there, Do You have any Questions for Me? This is a good time to ask about Rules, Pay(this is the ONLY time that your allowed to ask that, NOT during the Interview), Schedule and When do you begin working. all in all, This is a good idea to ace your interview and get a job!






Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. In a Job Interview, Always be Yourself and Be Positive.

No comments: