March 2, 2011

The Christianville Spirit: TCS Series; My Personal Heros

The Christianville Spirit

The Spirit that Sparks Your Heart

March 2, 2011- TCS #239


So, in this series ‘My Heros’, I’ve so far covered the heros from all my 3 Families. But, My Readers, we have another pair of heros and these come from Friends and Personal Heros. You See, Without these people I wouldn’t have learned the lessons I know today. So, without a due is The Christianville Spirit Series, “My Heros”. Now, this person is very special to me in many ways. This Person was the one who made My Childhood so great. His name is Jeff Barsi (Otherwise known as “Mr. Jeff”). My Mom met him weeks after we first moved to Plano from San Antonio. After getting to know all of us better, We decided to live with him at his house after funny enough we had only been living in Plano for a couple months. Anyway, Mr. Jeff though at times very stern about the house rules and manners (which at that time, there were times when I didn’t like when he was stern) is in a way a reason why he is My Hero because I learned a lot from him. Like for example, he was very big about not walking in the house with your shoes on because considering that it was My Brother and I, his kids Jeffery, Elizabeth(or Izzy as I call her), and Alex. Added to that The Herrick Girls (who would hang out with us during the day), My Mom, and Mr. Jeff, we had to make sure that it didn’t happen because the carpet would be really muddy if we hadn’t. Anyway, even today whenever I walk into someone’s house I take my shoes off as soon as possible. Another Reason, Mr. Jeff is My Hero is because he made my childhood so much fun. His house was connected to 4 Yards without fences that we could run from one end to the other without running into a fence. Not only that but, he also built us a Trampoline to jump on and on the Trampoline, My “Butt Busters” were born. By the way, My “Butt Busters” were when all of us would jump and I would land on my butt and everyone would go flying and that was something that even pleased My Brother. Then, of course there was The Lake House up in the country about 2 Hours northwest from Plano. Up there, our lake house was on a smaller lake and we had a dock that we would jump off or fish from (which My Brother, Jeffery, and Mr. Jeff would do a lot). Not only that but, We also had a Go Cart that we all could drive around the yard and the field across the street and that was really fun. Finally the last reason he is My Hero is because he took great care of not only My Mom but, all of us as well and I think I would have had a boring childhood without Him. My next hero is My Best Friend, Steven. Steven and I have been friends since the 10th Grade in High School. We were very good friends and supporting each other through everything. In fact, at one time My Mom and Mrs. Vandeneyekel decided to hold us back a grade to improve our social skills. So, Steven and I came up with a name for it, we called 10.5 Grade because it was a repeat of 10th Grade. Anyway, Steven is My Hero because he was there for me in both as we affectionately called the “Ali Days” and “Madison Days” and, yes even the “All Karleen Days”. Another Reason that he is My Hero is because there were times that he was the only really good friend I had when the others decided to not want to be around. The last reason, he is My Hero is because we had a close friendship and we could tell each other everything. We always end our conversations with “I Love You like a Brother”. All in all, Heros come in my forms, whether their Family, Friends, Celebrities, or Random People.



Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Do you have someone that you “Love like a Brother or Sister”


Go to www.r-word.org and sign the pledge because Today is “Spread the Word to End The Word” Day

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cheek brings success.