February 23, 2011

The Christianville Spirit: TCS Series; My PTLS Family Heros

The Christianville Spirit

The Spirit that Sparks Your Heart

February 23, 2011- TCS # 238


As I’ve told you many times I have 3 Families, My Immediate Family (My Mom, My Brother, and My Dad), The Smith Family (Grandma Honey, Uncle Bruce, Gram, Callie...) and, then of course there’s my wonderful PTLS Family that has grown over the years. Now, as all of you know my back history, 10 years ago there wasn’t a such thing as “My PTLS Family” or let alone my special needs having a name. I mean back then, it was known as dup.17p11.2 but, I addressed it as a “Duplication of Chromosome 17” and people would have no idea what it was. Nowadays, People know a lot more of what it is. Now, if let’s say My Mom or Dr. Potocki asked me if it were possible to pick a hero of this newfound “PTLS Family” 10 Years ago, I couldn’t answer it because not many families were around. Now, I can answer that. So, without further a a due, This is The Christianville Spirit Series, “My Heros”. Now, I’m not a person who likes to pick favorites and making others feel bad about themselves. So, This Person that I’m going to mention is my favorite in a way but, also she is a hero to me. Her name is Samantha Pennington(or as I call her Samantha and Aunt Samantha). Samantha in a way helped create the birth of our PTLS Gathering in Atlanta. You See, considering that she lived nearby in Nashville and I was going to Atlanta for my birthday I figured that My Mom and I should bring her down to Atlanta to meet me. Now, Samantha not knowing what would come out of it, told families on Facebook about it. After that, within 24 Hours there were families from across the country who wanted to come to Atlanta to meet me. As a result, there were several families who came as far away as Wisconsin to meet me and that is why she is My Hero. My Other Heros of My PTLS Family are Mrs. Griffin and Mrs. Pulley because they have been there to support me.

My Next Hero are the doctors that My Special Needs are named after, Dr. Potocki and Dr. Lupski. These two doctors are My Hero because first, They were the people that even started to research this. In fact, without them PTLS wouldn’t be named or there wouldn’t be a such well known thing as PTLS. The second reason that they are My Hero is because they gave my special needs a Name when before it was just dup.17p11.2. Back then, My Mom jokingly would “Christian Syndrome” while she waited for it to be named. Now, it’s awesome have a name and it’s called Potocki-Lupski Syndrome. All in All, All the PTLS Parents of PTLS Kids are Heros to me and their Kids for all they do.





Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Be a Hero to someone in Your Life.

No comments: