February 9, 2011

The Christianville Spirit: Super Bowl Week Historic Monster Storm- Part 2

The Christianville Spirit

The Spirit that Sparks Your Heart

February 9, 2011- TCS # 236


So, After I told you about our freezing cold weather in Last Week’s Newsletter we had another surprise in the weather. Now, this one we knew about but, we didn’t know it would be that bad. It happened on late Thursday Night into Friday Morning. So, While My Mom was sleeping in Her Room, I was in the Living Room, watching YouTube Videos to fulfill My Fascination about Norway and Scandinavia when My Mom got up and walked into the Living Room because she saw it snowing outside. You See, Pete Delkus, the Weather Man that we watch on TV told us that it was going to Snow anywhere from 1-3 Inches of Snow on top of the Ice we had on Tuesday and it was going to start around 10:30 or so. Anyway, My Mom went to the window in the kitchen and was surprised by how much had fallen. There was already 3 Inches on the ground at 1:30AM and I didn’t know that it had snowed that much since 10:30 (when I watched the weather and they said it was in The Dallas Area). Anyway, on Friday when I got up I found out that it had snowed 6 Inches on top of the Ice we had. Now, of course My Mom knew all about this but, she wasn’t ready for what was about to happen. You See, with My Mom after being in the house since Tuesday, she had a little “Cabin Fever” meaning she HAD to got outside. So, She figured that she would take a short walk to the trash can the take the trash out. Now, keep in the mind that the trash can is only a few steps away and you can take the trash out and get back within less than minute. So, anyway My Mom was confident after she had made it to the trash can and she was on her way back when, of course, she slipped on the ice/snow, and landed on her most used hand, Her Right Wrist. Now, she says she was lucky because the snow cushioned her fall. So, after a day of her hand swelling, My Mom and I spent Friday Night at The Doctor’s Office and Saturday, The day BEFORE the Grand Super Bowl Sunday of Dallas, she found out that her wrist was broken. However, it’s not entirely broken, It was a “Hairline Fracture”. So, now she has to learn how to use her one left hand to do things. Now, If you’re wondering about the Super Bowl, I have to say that the halftime show was really awesome and it was really awesome knowing that The Super Bowl was here in Dallas. However, It’s pretty funny now around My House because it’s funny to watch My Mom try to do things like Open Jars, Cook, Use Scissors, and do Daily Activities. However, I was able to take a walk in the snow and not fall. Along The Walk, I stopped to say hello to one of our neighbors and I talked about the two Historic Snow Storms we had( The All-Star Historic and Super Bowl Week Historic) and how we always have freak snow storms before or during big events and he responded with “Then, We need to stop having Big Events!”. All in all, Obviously, We in Dallas can’t have a Super Bowl or other big event in the winter without having a Freak Historic Snow Storm.




Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. When it Snows outside, Be Careful Outside.

No comments: