August 14, 2008

The Christianville Spirit: TCS Series; 21 Years Old, Special Needs Style!


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that touches lives
August 14, 2008-TCS # 112
Ok. Everyone it’s time for the 6th installment of the series “Life is a fun highway with PTLS”. Today, I’m going to cover something that just happened to me. See, at 1:12 PM on August 11 I turned 21 and I would like to cover that part of The Special Needs Life Trail. So, without further a due here it goes. 21Years Old, the year that many youths dream about; Being 21 means that you can drink alcohol, go to Dance and Sex Clubs, buying Lottery Tickets, and of course Gambling. My thought is basically they’re saying “Happy Birthday! Now, you can screw up your life”. But, I believe for normal people, they already do things like drink way before they even turn 21. But, what about people with Special Needs and myself; Well, people with Special Needs can do the things I mentioned if they want to but, that’s their choice. As far as I’m concerned I don’t want to do those things. Now, I’m sure your thinking “Christian, Why Not?? It would fun!” the reason why is because I don’t believe any of that stuff except for buying yourself a scratch off lottery ticket is very healthy. All of them are non-healthy habit forming and if it gets out of control. Then, my friends; you’ve screwed up your life by doing things like drinking or going to Sex Clubs. All in all though, if you know your child not to be the one to drink or do any of those things; then, you’re a pretty blessed parent.
If you would like me to cover a certain topic about Potocki-Lupski Syndrome, have a comment or suggestion; feel free to email me at thechristianvillespirit@gmail.com


Thanks for reading The Christianville Spirit. Every Year is even more Spiritful than the next. Hence, why I’ve written 3 years and 112 newsletters of Spirit; so, get your Spirit on!

No comments: