July 16, 2008

The Christianville Spirit: TCS Series; Hearing


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that touches lives
July 16, 2008- TCS # 108
After Writing last week’s edition of The Christianville Spirit about what I did then and now, I thought now that I should do a series about what I do that reflects My Special Needs and that’ll also help the people who find me as an inspiration to them and their children. So, without further ado; here is the 2nd installment to the series I call “Life is a fun highway with PTLS”. For this installment I’m going to tell you about my hearing, then and now. Now, first keep in mind that people with PTLS have very sensitive hearing; when I was kid, my hearing was very sensitive. Whenever I heard something loud I either cried or just covered my ears. Now, this may surprise you that when I was a kid I was even sensitive to the sound of the waves of the ocean. My Mom told me that one time she took me to the beach when I was a kid and when I sat on the beach hearing the sound of the ocean; I started crying because it was too loud for me. Also, when I was a kid I couldn’t even go to a sports event like a Hockey Game because the noise was too loud. Now-a-day however, my hearing has gone down a little bit but, I can stand more noises then I did before. Like now, I can go to a concert and be fine; I can go to the beach and stand the sound of ocean. So, all in all PTLS kids have very sensitive hearing when their kids and then, it’s fine but, still sensitive when they’re adults.
Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. You Live and You Learn, That’s Life.

No comments: