July 30, 2008

The Christianville Spirit:TCS Series; Elementary School


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that touches lives
TCS # 110-July 30, 2008
Ok, everyone. It’s time for the 4th installment of the series “Life is a fun Highway with PTLS”. This week I’m covering a very concerning topic with parents and families dealing with their kids with PTLS. And, that is School. Well, the first step to that to make sure you’re a good school district that good services for people with Special Needs. For example, I used to go to school in San Antonio, TX at Oak Grove Elementary but, the services weren’t that good so, we moved up to Plano, TX which is north of Dallas to Plano ISD which had pretty good services. Now, when it comes what to put your child on in papers, do not put them on a specific label like Autism, put them on “Other Health Impaired”. Here are some my experiences that might help you know on what’s to come. Elementary School for me was pretty good. But, there were a couple things that you might take notice of, first off for me was humming. Other Kids and Teachers got annoyed by my humming. But, to me what they heard was humming but, what I heard was singing songs. People would tell me to stop and I would; and, I would tell them that I think it’s singing through my ears and they would tell me that they thought it was humming and they would still tell me to stop. Another thing I had was what My Mom calls Stemming. Stemming is when you focus on something they like, like a map. In fact, one time there was a storyteller that showed up and read a story to us. And, their was a map behind me so, I would turn around and look at the map and start rocking and humming road noises that are common in Dallas. Afterwards, the teacher thought that I was being rude to the storyteller because I wasn’t watching them so; the teacher told My Mom that they thought that I wasn’t listening to the story and My Mom asked if I could tell her the story and I did. And, that was proof for My Mom and The Teacher. Now, who could blame me for something like that because for ANY Kid it’s hard to sit still for 8 Hours a day during a school week? Another thing was something that I got nervous about when I saw it. It was a large blow-up grey bubble that they called “The Planetarium” that they put near the library of the school I went to. After I got inside “The Planetarium” I was fine. Another thing I had was the fear of public speaking. One time I was in a play which before the play I got very nervous and sick to my stomach but, after my part I was fine. And, of course the final thing I had was that I have a thing about jelly-like substances like Gak, Silly Putty, Silly String, and stuff like that. So, one time in the 4th grade they had what they called an “Economic Fair” and the point is this was to invent something and sell it. Well, one group decided to make gak (which sort of like Silly Putty) to sell at this Economic Fair. And, that had my nervous for at least a week before until the day of which I was really nervous. It turned that I didn’t be with my group the day of the fair because of that. The things when your child knows something is coming up that there nervous about. They’ll really show that they are either the night before or the morning of the thing that going to happen. All in all, though Elementary School was good but, it just has a couple challenges. And, hear is a way to thing about it. What’s life without a couple challenges in it, after all that what makes us stronger. If you want a certain topic covered please email me or my mom.
Thanks for reading The Christianville Spirit. Have some good old “Christianville Spirit” in your life.

No comments: