June 7, 2017

The Christianville Spirit: Labels, Labels, Labels!- A Christianville Classic


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Makes You Wonder
June 7th, 2017-TCS # 548

Love You, My Readers! Yes, The Words of Our Cruise Director, Schwartz saying “Love You” at the end of Every Announcement still rings in My Ears and I still use it Today. and, I say back, Love You More! So, My Readers and Veterans of This Newsletter know that I have written some really good newsletters in The Past, Some that don’t get as much Attention as Others and then There are Just Plain Gold no matter how many times I rerun it or Remix It. Yes, Folks! It is Time for another Christianville Classic and This one deserves to be a Classic. In Fact, I probably should have chosen it as The First One, but as Long it is on My Christianville Classic List, It is Okay. So, The Newsletter that is going to be made a Classic is Entitled “Labels, Labels, Labels!”, Originally Written on November 3rd of 2010 (Refer to Newsletter 223). But, I believe that The Remix of The Same Newsletter written on November 13th of 2013 (Refer to Newsletter 376), I believe explains something that I did not explain very well in The Original Newsletter, Something called “Rosa’s Law”, It is toward The End of My Newsletter, so Check it out! 
So, without further a due This is The Christianville Classic  “Labels, Labels, Labels!”. Enjoy!


The Following Newsletter was Written back in November of 2010 but, a few added twists in it. This is Showing Up as a New Newsletter because it is a High Requested Newsletter that Should be Rebirthed. Enjoy!
So, Let me ask you a Question, What does a “Label” mean to you? Does it to say where your from, a certain place like Europe or Canada? Is it a tool you use to judge someone? Well, the truth is that there are many labels to people and things. In fact, there’s pretty much a label for everything like what country or state your from (etc. American, Texan, Mexican, European, Norwegian, “Swede” or a Swedish Person), There are Labels to color of your hair like Brunette, Dirty Blonde, or just Blonde, and of course, there are what I’ll call “School Labels” like Nerd, Geek, Special Ed, Cheerleaders, and many more. And finally, there are labels to your lifestyle and things that, let’s just say, are your own business, like sexual preference. But, those are the most common labels that some I don’t like and others I don’t mind. The way I see Labels is that they are words to put on people so that others can judge. To know what it feels like to have a Label is like putting a sign on your front that says what your labeled by others and then, you walk down a street and watch the way people look at you. Now, I have to say, though, that sometimes in the case of having a “Rare Duplication” that not many people know what it is, in a way it’s helps and in a way it doesn’t. It helps so Your Child can get the help in school and the real world that they need. But, if you just want to be diagnosed with Autism (which to people with Special Needs is a Label) just so people know what you have, I believe takes away the “Rareness” and being more Special than anyone else away. Now don’t get me wrong, there is some Autism behaviors in kids and adults with Potocki-Lupski Syndrome. In fact, by a mere chance if My Mother didn’t jump in and say, “I know he has something else” at one of the many doctor’s appointments in The Study in Houston, I could have been diagnosed with Autism. The reason why was because there was an open window view of Downtown Houston and I wouldn’t answer the questions because I fixated on the view of Downtown Houston. So, Today when it comes to Labels, I know that I have Special Needs. But, I consider myself to just be Me, The special person I am. You See, when a person has Special Needs it’s more about them as People not what they have, People need to look beyond the label. Back in November 2010, a law that would help in many ways has passed, it’s called “Rosa’s Law” that eliminates the name, the government and some many people use to describe Special Needs, it used to be what I call the R-Word in all legal areas and now it’s called “Intellectual Disability”. By The Way, Even when The R-Word is used in an “Oh My Gosh, That’s Funny or That’s Stupid” way, it is still offensive to those with Special Needs because it promotes exclusion compared to Everyone Else. And Really, the only thing that People with Special Needs wants is to Be Included, whether they play along or they just observe. There was a Young Girl here in Plano named Shea and She was bullied because She has Special Needs. They sent her Horrible Text Messages via an app on the internet that makes the Phone Number Anonymous to hide the real number.  Now, in My Opinion, She is a Pretty Girl and it doesn’t seem like she has anything but, She has a Syndrome in which causes her to have Seizures. Luckily, Plano Police caught the people who did it.  Anyway, “Rosa’s Law” is A law that I am Extremely Happy to hear about. All in All, Labels are a tool to judge people. So, Learn to see pass the label of that person.




Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Labels are things you find on Canned Foods, Not hanging on People.

No comments: