June 28, 2017

The Christianville Spirit: Include, Not Exclude Rerun



The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Makes You Wonder
June 28th, 2017-TCS # 551

Hej, My Readers! That is the Swedish Greeting for “Hello” and For Those of You who are wondering, It does sound like “Hey” only with a Swedish Accent to it. So, The Other Day, My Mom told me that She saw a Gold Newsletter that I wrote a Few Years ago on Her “On This Day” Feed and thought that I should Rerun that Newsletter. Funny Enough, I actually thought of Something that A Friend of Mine said, that made me think of This Newsletter. You See, My Mom’s Former Student and Expat/Repat Friend, Monica had moved back to Dallas a few months ago and Was wanting to have a Meeting of Her Stockholm Expat Friends, some of them that I knew, Met, and Ones that I have not. Anyway, I found that One of My Friends as well as Monica’s Stockholm Expat Friends, Heidi was coming to Town and I had always wanted to meet her. So, I commented to Heidi and She told me that Her, Monica, and Other Expat Friends were going out to Dinner that Night. Long Story Short, I went to Meet Her and The Other Expat Friends. They were all Very Interesting to talk to. One of The Things that We talked about was PTLS, PTLS Family Members, and How Having Special Needs makes us feel. Anyway, I think, Heidi asked me after I mentioned about My Brother, Michael, asking “Does Your Brother Take Good of You?” I answered Yes and Saying “He maybe in Colorado right now, but He has always took Care of Me”. I never got to Finish all the Thoughts about that, That, Yes, My Brother did not just take Care of Me, He did something even better, He made me feel Included in Whatever He was doing. During High School (9th and 10th Grades) and Senior High School (11th and 12th Grades), He would drive me to School, as well as My Mom would drive me from Time to Time. But, I would join him sometimes for Lunch with His Friends. I would join him hanging out with His Friends, Even if They were over At My House. But, Best of All, I felt Included with My Brother. So, This Week, I am going to rerun a Newsletter about Being Included in Things. So, without further a due, This is The Newsletter “Include, Not Exclude”. Enjoy!

This Newsletter was written on June 26th of 2013 (Refer to Newsletter 357)

So, This Past Sunday, My Mom and I went to a really cool party, It was for one of our former neighbor’s Birthday. You See, when we first moved in to the house we live in Now, 16 Years Ago, we had this neighbor that would always say hello to us and Every Monday, at least, she would bring us a Box of Bagels for all of us to eat. We would hear the doorbell ring and it would be her, giving My Mom the box of bagels along with her sweet saying, “To Feed The Children”(She still takes Bagels to work with her and tell them the same thing) or Just to come over and say Hello and see how we were doing. Anyway, It was her 70th Birthday at her daughter, Michelle’s House. We thought that Michelle still lived down the street from our house, but she had moved to a new house that she built in The Country. She did have a nice house though and a big yard. When we came over, I saw that they were throwing a big party, complete with a Pool, Basketball Court (if you wanted to play), and A Huge Adult Size Water Slide. So, We had a small reunion with Our Neighbor and Michelle, and then, I was off to the Water Slide with all the kids. I had forgotten until the night after the party, that the last time I hung out with them, one of children that had been invited as well called me “The R-Word”, but that didn’t cross my mind at The Party. Because The Kids welcomed me, much to my surprise. I had to make sure to take it slow going on Runs down the water slide because I start getting overwhelmed, My Heart beats really fast, and My Vision starts getting blurry. By The Way, The Slide was an Inflatable one and the hardest part (and, most tiring) is climbing up to the top of the slide, to Slide Down. But, I did have a lot of fun playing with kids, one of them, later on liked the way I jumped and then, slid down and I would go all the way to the end if I was on My Belly. Whenever I was done with the slide and ready for the pool, I would hang out with whoever was in the pool. Now, Don’t Get Me Wrong, I am a Social Butterfly, but sometimes because I don’t know a lot of people and I’m not sure how the kids will accept me or not, it feels a little lonely. One Wish I had was that My PTLS “Brother” and Friend, Tyler (who is in town) was there to hang out with, talk to, and he could join us playing on the Water Slide. Even though, I was having fun, I still felt like I didn’t Belong. Many of the kids were asking me if I still go to School and I said that, “I graduated” and then, they follow with, “Do You go to College?”. You Know, when it comes to talking with Kids, The Topics of Driving and College come up and they have this impression that You have to go to College or else you are considered Stupid. I don’t mind this question when it comes to Parents or Adults because they are truly interested or they understand. I am aware that I cannot live in My Own Little PTLS Crew or “Bubble.” But, If I could, I would feel accepted and have plenty of topics in common to discuss that we like. Don’t Get Me Wrong, I love Meeting People and Socializing, but there are times when I wish I had PTLS Friends around My Age to Hang Out with more often. And, We don’t have to do things that are “Age Appropriate” which we often act either less than Our Age and Sometimes, Because we are Smart, over our age. All in all, It was a fun party with a few moments of loneliness.



Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Include People, Don’t Exclude People. 

No comments: