September 21, 2016

The Christianville Spirit: In Search of Chip and Joanna



The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Encourages
September 21, 2016-TCS # 512

Hej, My Readers! That is a Greeting in Swedish. It means Hello in Swedish and It sounds just like You are saying “Hey”, only said Twice. Can You believe that It has been a Year since I actually went to Stockholm, Sweden? Yeah, I can’t believe it either! I actually really miss Sweden, it was so Wonderful! Anyway, on to This Week’s Newsletter! So, Girls and Boys, It’s time for another edition of Story Time! Sort of reminds me of The Days in Elementary School where Story Time came around and It was like “So, What did You do This Weekend?” And, Boy do I have a Funny Answer with a Twist for You. I’ll call it “In Search of Chip and Joanna” So, First of All, There is a Show that I got hooked on called Fixer Upper on a Channel called HGTV (that means Home & Garden Television, for those Outside The US). Anyway, This Show, Fixer Upper stars This Lovely Couple, Chip and Joanna Gaines. As You can tell, They fix Houses, Very Brilliantly, by the way. Basically, as They describe it “We find the Worst House in The Best Neighborhood and then, We turn it into a Masterpiece!” Something like that. It really is amazing how They can turn a Run-down House with either too many Trees, Not-so-Great Walls or Structure of The House into an Amazing House, that is still the same house. They are like “Extreme Home Makeover” only more Down-to-Earth and Much more Funnier. Unfortunately, They only do their Show and Work down in Waco. In Fact, Because of them, They are causing People to want to move to Waco and It is causing Waco to start to thrive where It once did not. So, Why not Drive down to Waco and see, shall we? My Mom and I have been wanting to drive down to see the Things that They do anyway! So, We arrive in Downtown Waco and See that There is This Nice looking Country Restaurant called Jake’s Texas Tea House. We walk in... Are Chip and Joanna here? Nope, but Surprise! There are Two PTLS Family Members sitting there! One that We get to see often and the other friends were in for a quick visit. Holly, Dan and Susie?! Wait...What?! Yeah, I got ya there didn’t I?! Okay, so really, We planned to meet Dan and Susie for lunch, and they wanted to meet up with Holly too. So, We met in Waco! (A cool place that was central for all of us to drive to). Let’s Bare in Mind that Other than Stopping for Food in Waco on the Way home, back in the “Driving halfway to see My Dad Days” (Waco was our trade off point), I had actually never been TO WACO. So, Anyway, The Food at The Restaurant was really good! We did not know at The Time that The Food was served Family Style. So, Out came these Huge Chicken Tenders and Chicken-Fried Steak, both of them are Texas Things. Our Eyes got Big, not realizing Just how Big The Food actually was. After Lunch there, We took a little walk down the Street to The Candy Store. We asked what was around, so we we could take a walk, and they said to go down to the Old Fashioned Movie Theater or to go to The Candy Store. Did I mention that We went on a Sunday, when a Lot of things are Closed. Anyway, To Candy Store we went! Now, I did mention about Chip and Joanna to one of The People at the Store, since we were hoping to see them, and that They said that They knew who Chip was, and that They were Friends with them. I am sure that Everyone in Waco knows who they are, it is just not that Big of a Deal, at least not to them. So, after We met with Holly, Dan and Susie, we drove to Magnolia Silos and Marketplace. Really cool shopping! I honestly wish I had more time with Dan because He would be someone to talk about Travel and Geography with. I will talk more with him next time he is in town. Anyway, on The Way Home, I wanted to see where Chip and Joanna work, so We drove by The Magnolia Market even though They were Closed. I guess You could say that That was as Close as We got. Maybe better luck next time. However, it was fun running into our Friends and hope to meet them there again soon. All in all, We did have a Fun Time while We were in Waco, and Waco has a lot of Potential, as Chip and Joanna become More and More Well-known. 


Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. You never know who You are going to Run into.

No comments: