September 14, 2016

The Christianville Spirit: Grandma Honey is Moving!


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Encourages
September 14, 2016-TCS # 511

 Guten tag, My Readers! So, This is a New Greeting! Guten tag means Hello in German. Did I ever tell you that My Mom’s Side of The Family is Part German, Part Italian? Yes, that is true. So, I am part German and Italian on My Mom’s Side and Puerto Rican on My Dad’s Side. I like The Italian side better, only because Italians have a Great Culture and Great Food too. So, on to This Week’s Newsletter! So, I briefly mentioned in Last Week’s Newsletter about My Grandma Honey moving. So, Considering that She is moving This Friday, I should explain about it. So, This Grandma Honey Moving story has a Background Story, like Many of My Stories, it is just better that way. So, My Grandma Honey has lived in a Apartment-like Complex but It is considered a Condominium. She lives in a 3-Floor Complex that is really The 2nd Floor by reaching it. She has lived in This Place for Well over 20 Years, a Long Time and a Heap of Memories! She had the Best Situation and to calm your worries, She still has The Same Situation. She lived close to Her Neighbors and She would have Daily, if not, Evening Chats with Her Neighbors about Ongoings and What is going on their Life. My Grandma Honey is like that, She is sort of like a Swede except for The Reserved part (She is NOT Reserved at all!), but Once You become Her Friend, You are Her Friend for Life. Honestly, that is How it should be! Anyway, Her House was really cool and My Favorite Part, of Course, was Her Sunroom that We of The Smith Family referred to as “The Tree House” because You could sit in The Sunroom and Look outside and It was as if You were in a Treehouse. But, as The Years went by, Grandma Honey started to realize that Climbing the Stairs in all sorts of Weather mind You, It started to get harder for Her. Now, Believe Me, This is a Lesson I am learning from Grandma Honey herself that The Fact of Aging isn’t always Pleasant and It affects People in various ways and Climbing Stairs is Most Definitely One of Them. Pause for a Second! Climbing Stairs is not easy even if You are Physically Fit (Honestly, I hate that Word because No One can be perfectly “Physically Fit”) Unpause! Anyway, so Grandma Honey was considering her Options of Does She stay there? Does She move in with My Uncle Bruce? Or (Dramatic Music) A Nursing Home?! NOOOO! Well, I will tell you that a Nursing Home is likely going to be The Absolute Last Resort! and, It should be The Last Resort! Use any other way Possible before Jumping to that Conclusion! Anyway, so A Couple Months Ago, Grandma Honey found out that Her Lovely and Tolerating of all of Grandma Honey’s Parties Neighbor downstairs (2nd Floor but, Really The Ground Floor) was moving as well. Bonus! God Send, I tell ya! That was the Perfect Way for Grandma Honey to Move but, also Stay within Her Brilliant Neighbor Situation. The Last Time We went to Atlanta, which was in Spring of This Year, Me and Her are sitting on Grandma Honey’s Porch (again with a Treehouse-like View) and She asked me The Question that I knew I would have to answer in some Fashion, “Should I Move or Stay?”, I figured that The Best way to answer that was to Be Honest and I told her that Yes, I would really Miss Her Old Place; and, Yeah, We will be Sad about it but, At The Same Time, The Thought of Her climbing up and down the Stairs as She got “Younger” was a Matter of Life or Death and that Theory was Simply Very Frightening. So, After She discussed with all of Us, She made the Decision to move Downstairs. Now, The Bonus of This whole Move is that The Downstairs Condo is pretty much like Her Old Place only down a Floor. So, She will still have The Treehouse but, as I envision it, It is sort of like Her Old Treehouse but, A Magic Elevator moved it down One Floor. In The New Treehouse, You can see more of The Forest Floor than You did upstairs and If You want to see The Leaves, Just Look up! As for The Stairs, She would only do One and a Half Stairs which She already does along with The Upper Stairs. So, Grandma Honey can live Comfortably without Stairs, Roughly the Same Condo as before (Only Lower and Just Slightly Different), and Yes, She can have Her Notorious Parties AND Invite her own Friends who had The Same Issue with The Stairs. She has checked the list and checked it twice (if You will) with Her New Upstairs Neighbor. And, Yes, She will be Adjusting to Her New Place and Getting everything into Her Normal Routine again. Now, The Nursing Home part, She says that Her New Place will pretty much be The Nursing Home when She needs Help. All in all, As Sad it is, I am Happy to report that She will No Longer have to Climb those Frightening Stairs again! I am Extremely Proud of Her!



Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Sometimes Change is a Good Thing!

No comments: