April 15, 2015

The Christianville Spirit: My Funny Names for Things



The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Sparkles
April 15, 2015-TCS # 446

So, My Readers, I present you with Another Way to Get to Know Me, As If You don’t already know Me. As If! Sorry, Had to add a Little 90’s Joke there for You! Anyway, To Know Me, You have to know that I often come up with Nicknames for those I am close to like, Aunt Joey, Aunt Angie, “My Kristin”, H.J Angel and”My Dear Deb” just to Name a Few, Shoutout! As Well as Acronyms and What I call “Funny Names for Things”. Now, the Funny Names that I have for Things usually is Inside My Head and I only Mumble them to Myself when I am near them, and Some of Them I use constantly. So, The First Funny Name I use is for The City of Atlanta and Fulton County, Georgia. You See, As I have mentioned before My Mom’s Side of The Family lives in Atlanta, including My Grandma Honey. So, This Name is for Several Reasons. In My Head, I call Atlanta, “The Mother City” and Fulton County (The County surrounds Atlanta) “The Mother County”. This is for Two Reasons, One because All Roads Lead to Atlanta, All The Highways Signs in Georgia and as far away as Virginia point to Atlanta. It might also point to The Fact that I have been wanting to move there to be closer to Family. The Second Reason, is because because Atlanta is The Capitol of Georgia, It makes it The Mother of The State of Georgia. Normal Georgians would tell you that “The Real Georgia” is Outside of Atlanta but, that is not The Point. So, The Next Few Funny Names have to do with PTLS. You See, Potocki-Lupski Syndrome (or PTLS for Short) was named after Dr. Potocki and Dr. Lupski from Texas Children’s Hospital and Baylor College of Medicine to whom we owe all credits; Therefore, In My Head, It makes Houston, Texas; Texas Children’s Hospital & Baylor, the Capitol of PTLS. In Other Words, Where PTLS Started. But, Here is where My Names for Things gets a Little Crazy. You See, As You know, I come up with Made-Up Cities (like Christianville) and States. So, Why Not come up with a European Union-style setup for My PTLS Family, known The PTLS Union or Known by It’s Official Name of Potocki-Lupski Syndrome Union of Families. So, that Comes from The Belief that We are all a PTLS Family or Union of Family Nations. With All This Put Together, Houston is “The PTLS Union Capitol”, The Heart of All Things PTLS. The Conference is held there, The Doctors are there, and PTLS was founded there. It might also show That I Love how The European Union works, as well as My Love of Geography, History, and Politics. So, With that, The PTLS Union Capitol City is Houston and The Capitol Building is Texas Children’s Hospital and Baylor College of Medicine. So, Before We move on from The PTLS Union Capitol, I have a Funny Name for The Road that surrounds it. You See, There is Road that surrounds Houston that They call “The Loop”, It is Interstate 610 or Loop 610/”The Loop” locally. In My Head, It is called “The PTLS Perimeter”, A Reference to Atlanta’s I-285 (The Perimeter). I hope of the Day Where The City of Houston renames Loop 610 as “PTLS Perimeter” in honor of Dr. Potocki and Dr. Lupski. For now I call it that, after all Houston is “The PTLS Union Capitol”. So, The Next Funny Name is something I use a lot, “PTLS Family Members” and “PTLS Members”. You See, Families with Kids that have PTLS, are considered Family to Me, They have been for quite some time. So, With that said, “Families with PTLS” (We used to call them that) makes it sound like We are Strangers. It just does not sound right! So, I Believe Now that “These People” are My Literal Family, My PTLS Family. If Said Person is Part of Your Family, You refer to them as a “Member of Your Family” so Same Thing with Potocki-Lupski Syndrome, If You or Your Child have PTLS, Welcome to The Family! You are Now part of My Family. Now, to be fair, You may or may not like some of Your Family Members, that is Okay, No Family is Perfect. Because You are a Member of My PTLS Family, then You are a “PTLS Family Member” or “PTLS Member”. I think, “PTLS Family Member” is more for People I am close to and “PTLS Member” is a General Family Term. Now, Finally, My Last Funny Term is What I refer to as The Made-Up Company I work for, WTSOC Communications & The Christianville Spirit. I write for My Newsletter, The Christianville Spirit and In Christianville, It is tied with One of The Local Channels, WTSOC-TV & AM. WTSOC is not a Real TV Station, It’s call letters mean “The Spirit Of Christianville”, however I am working on making it a Real Company and My Job that I will get paid for. All in all, I hope that explains All My Funny Terms for Things. Now, You know me in a Better Way.


Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Find Something that You are Passionate about and Do It!

No comments: