April 8, 2015

The Christianville Spirit: The Story of Lost in Dallas Hills



The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Sparkles
April 8, 2015-TCS # 445

So, My Readers, I have an Interesting Story to tell you. You See, If You have been reading My Newsletters, You would see that I write some really good Stories, some Examples include, The Untold Story of Lynee and My Story about H.J Angel among many other Stories that I have written on Here. But, Did You Know that My Story Telling Skills go further back than The Beginning of My Newsletter? Yes, That is Right! You See, Every Now and Then, I look through what I call My “History Box”. I made This “History Box” way back in 7th Grade in Middle School, It was to Collect Old Things from School and Other Past Memories, most of them were School-Related. I have Pictures of Old Friends; My Graduation Diploma, both from Senior High School and Elementary School; and, A Couple of Artifacts from Years Back like as far back in Kindergarten (around that time, I wrote that My Favorite Holiday was Mother’s Day). Then, I found a Book, If You will, that tells a Story called “Lost in Dallas Hills”. I re-read it and wondered What some parts I was referencing as well as Remembered some other parts.. Now, The Reason behind Why I am such a Good Storyteller is because of My Teachers, Mrs. James and Mrs. Bachman. They helped in Many Ways because They knew that I had the potential in write a Good Story. Problem was that My Mind was running faster than My Little Hands could Write. As A Kid, You have to remember how to Spell Words and Make Sure that You use correct Grammar, among other things, which is a Little Struggle today. So, Mrs. James and Mrs. Bachman came up a Genius Idea to have Me Dictate What I wanted The Story to Say. So, I am going to Read This Story to You and Then, I will “Translate It” Afterwords. This Story, by the way is called “Lost in Dallas Hills”. It was Dictated and Written when I was in 4th Grade, in 1997, when I was 10 Years Old. Enjoy!

Christian and Michael were Brothers. Christian was a nine year old boy who had curly, brown hair that turned black when it got wet. He had big, brown eyes and he was tall and thin although he loved to eat and eat and eat. Christian loved to study maps and international geographic information. In fact, he was an expert on roads in the United States. Michael was seven years old and he had reddish orange, straight hair and brown eyes. He was short and skinny like Christian. Michael liked to talk a lot to his friends and often got in trouble at school. Sometimes Michael was mean to Christian and Christian would cry, but they still loved each other. Christian, Michael, and their family went for a drive. They saw a beautiful canyon that they wanted to go to. Too late, they passed it. Then, Christian saw a sign that said Welcome to Dallas Hills. Mom said, “Wow! What a beautiful country.” They drove through the country side. Christian started getting hungry.  He wanted to eat at the country club. They stopped and ate dinner. On the way home, Christian said, “Can we go for a walk?” Mom said “ok, but don’t get lost.” Christian and Michael walked about 15 Minutes. They looked around and couldn’t see the car. They saw a coyote and were afraid. They started to run very fast. It started to get dark and Christian was very sleepy. Michael saw a house and lights were on inside. No one was home but they still went inside and fell asleep. Christian woke up when a black dog started licking his face. He woke up Michael. They were so hungry they looked in the refrigerator. There was nothing to eat. Suddenly, a ghost flew out of a closet. Christian and Michael ran from the house. The coyote started chasing them. Then they heard a voice calling “Christian, Michael, where are you?” It was Mom. Christian yelled “Mommy, watch out!” Christian and Michael fell on Mommy. “Ugh” said Mom. We saw our dad and we all got on skate boards and went down the hill, crossed a bridge and jumped in our car. We drove out of the Dallas Hills complex. Then Christian asked a question. “Can we go to the beautiful canyon?”  Mom said, “yes” They ran half way into the canyon and back into the car. Then, they ate lunch at Harvey’s in Dallas County. Finally, they went home and they never got lost again. The End. 

So, As You Could Imagine, Some Parts were Easy to Translate and Remember, but Other Parts weren’t. The First Part of The Story is Describing The Characters of The Story, Christian and Michael (aka My Brother and I). At The Time, I had been Eating a lot but, Not Gaining Weight, that was until in Middle School but, I digress. Anyway, The Main Part of The Story, The “Dallas Hills” part is a Story behind The Story. You See, My Mom was dating a Guy named Mr. Jeff and He had 3 Kids, Jeffery, Alex, and Elizabeth (known as “Izzy”). So, Every Summer and in between, We could go up to Our Lake House in a Place called Nocona Hills which was Out in The Country where There is Nothing Around. The Part that mentions The Country Club, The Hill, The House, and Walking around Freely is all Referencing all The Fun that We had up at The Lake House. We would go to Dinner at The Cafe called The Country’s Club, There were Times we even walked back to The Lake House from The Cafe. The Hill,. of Course, was My Favorite Part about going there. The Hill (Which was a Big Hill) felt like a Roller Coaster going down it. The Coyotes, That is a Texas Thing. The Canyon Part, I think, references Enchanted Rock; A Place that We went to visit when We went down to My Dad’s House in San Antonio. And, then, The Most Important, The Mention of Harvey’s. Funny Thing, I do not Remember going to a Place called Harvey’s. I finally figured it out, It translates to “Arby’s” like The Sandwich Place. At The Time, as My Mom pointed out to Me, My Speech wasn’t that Clear so The “Ar” part in “Arby’s” came out as “Har”. The “By’s” came out as “Vey’s”. The Skateboard part always makes me laugh when I re-read it. To Me, It sounds Heroic and At The Time, My Brother loved Skateboarding. The Black Dog part of The Story, I don’t remember having a Black Dog, but It may refer to Izzy’s Dog who she named “Nocona”. All in all, It is Funny to re-read things of Your Past, to Remember, and To wonder, “What was going on in Your Head at that Time?”. Fortunately, For Me, I also had a Wild Imagination and I still do.



Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit.  Thank those who Inspired You when You were Little to become What You are when You are Older. 

1 comment:

robert.centeno said...

You should gather your blogs and write a book about life with PTLS.

This could be a calling for you.