September 24, 2014

The Christianville Spirit: Hard Lessons in Dating




The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Uplifts Your Soul
September 24, 2014-TCS # 418

So, Happy Fall Everyone! Some People like to call it “Fall” and in Old English, They call it “Autumn.” I like both, The Name Autumn sounds more appealing this year. So, Happy Fall and Autumn! Anyway, Let’s get to This Week’s Newsletter!  So, I noticed that Last Week’s Newsletter caught a lot of People, not only a little off guard but, PTLS Members Interested. You See, A lot of PTLS Members have Questions about Their Child and What They may struggle with when They are Adults and Believe Me, There are a lot of Things that They will overcome. So, I am going to Tell You about a Hard Lesson that I had to Learn in My Adult Life. My Veteran Readers know all about This, but Maybe not the Whole Story. You See, I have a Best Friend that I have been Friends with since 10th Grade. There was a Girl who liked Me back then too. Let’s Just say I am cooking a Meal and The Parts of The Story are The Ingredients. Little did I know, that There were a Few Bad Mixtures into The Food I was Cooking. So, We’ll start with The Best Friend and The Girl who liked Me. Good so Far! We add the Fact that My Best Friend was in a We’ll call, a “Life Crisis.” Oops, Sorry, Wrong Ingredient! My Best Friend and The Girl who liked Me were Arch-Enemies. Oh Boy! And, Finally, The Girl who liked me was The Most Hated and Disliked Girl in School because She used to lie a lot and Get People into Trouble. Even My Brother, Michael disliked her! Yeah, Now You get the Picture. Well, The Best Friend was in The Middle of Her “Life Crisis” when Girl-Who-Liked-Me asked me out, Many Times until I finally said Okay. I hate to say it, but She was My First Real Girlfriend. Of Course, There was Ali way before that, but She was not an “Official” Girlfriend. Now, I tell Myself Today that The Reason I went Out with Her wasn’t JUST because She kept asking but, I wanted to Prove to Everyone (meaning My Brother and Everyone at School), it is “Us against The World”. I wanted to prove that She was Nice and Pleasant to Go Out with. Now, I will give her Positive Input here, now that it was since Senior High School, I have Grown... Over It! As My Grandma Honey says, “It was Five Minutes Ago”. Anyway, for The Most Part, She was pleasant to go out with and She taught me how to Kiss, Cuddle, Hold Her, and Hold Hands. Although, It took me a while to get used to Having a Girlfriend and doing all those Couplely Things. My Favorite Part was The One Time when She came running to Me yelling excitedly, “Christian!” and wanting to Hug and Hold Hands while we walked to Where Everyone else was. We did a lot together, including Work Together and I will tell you now, that was a Big Mistake. But, We went to a Special-Needs Friendly Dance, A Few Baseball Games, Hung Out at The Park, Bowling, We did go to the Homecoming Dance (as Friends) and had a Few Dates at Home. Of Course, There was also a Time when She kissed me in front of My Mom, It pretty much gave My Mom a heart attack at The Shock of it. That was one of Our Post-Date Kisses. I didn’t have the nerve to Kiss Her at Her Front Door, like I thought you were supposed to, or maybe I watch too many movies! I got that Idea from The Romantic Comedy, “Hitch” which was Big at the time. Anyway, Me and Her after Dating 3 Times, didn’t work out nor did it end pretty. It was an Ugly Mess and a Real Learning Experience for Me. Anyway, so Where does the Lesson come in. Well, There are Several. One is, for The Love of Goodness, Do Not Work with The Person You are Dating! and, Two, which was The Hardest One, I almost lost the friendship with My Best Friend because, like I said before, It was Her Arch-Enemy that I was dating. The Added Bonus was that My Best Friend liked me and was sending me “Hints” that She liked me, which being a Guy I did not see until I went out with Girl-Who-liked-Me. Also, Because My Best Friend was in a “Life Crisis”, I needed to be there for Her but, I was dating the other girl and I was not being a Good Friend to the one in Need. Now, am I Sorry that I was not there for her? Yes! I am. But, am I sorry because of The Experience I had with The Other Girl? No. Because I would have not Learned The Lesson. “You Live and Ya Learn”, Grandma Honey would probably say. And, I would have not come up with My Dream Girl, Carol Holiday or My Future Soulmate, Bridgett, if it was not for the Girl I dated. So, Yes, in a Way, I do thank her for teaching me that Lesson and after all, “You have to learn what You Do not want in a Girl, to Understand What it is that You do want in a Girl”, My Mom always told me that one. All in all, You have to Learn Lessons to grow in Your Life, otherwise You are sitting Still.



Thanks for Reading the Christianville Spirit. Growth and Change are Painful, but Sitting Still is Even more Painful. 

No comments: