September 10, 2014

The Christianville Spirit: Meeting Nev



The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Uplifts Your Soul
September 10, 2014-TCS # 416

So, I have something Very Exciting and Very Unexpected to Tell You! I got to meet another Celebrity! So Far, I have met Dr. Jen Arnold (From TLC’s The Little Couple), The Travel’s Channel’s Samantha Brown (From Great Hotels, Great Weekends, and Passport to Europe), and 3 Meteorologists from The Weather Channel(1 being Jim Cantore) So, The 7th Person is Someone named Nev Schulman (Pronounced “Neeev”). Now, I know You are wondering, “Who in The World is Nev Schulman?”. Well, back in 2008, Nev and his Film-Making Friend, Max, made a Documentary called Catfish. After the Documentary, It turned into a TV Show on MTV called Catfish: The TV Show. Those of You that have been reading This Newsletter a while has heard me mention about Catfish once or twice. For Those who don’t know, Catfish is a Documentary about a Guy named Nev, who dates a Girl online and then, later meeting her. I won’t say anymore about What The Movie is About because I would be Spoiling It for You. Just take My Advice and Watch it for Yourself. Now, One more Note before We move on to The Meeting. I Know that The Preview of it, looks like a Horror Movie (and, To Be Honest, that is What I thought and I prepared Myself before watching it!) but, It is actually a Documentary and Don’t Worry, No One is going to jump out at You! Anyway, by Pure Serendipity (I love that word!) My Mom was Home and ready to leave when She heard that Nev was going to be doing a Book Signing down in Dallas. She comes to tell me, “So, Christian, Guess What We going to do Tonight?!” My Sleepy Response was “Go to Dinner?” and She told me that Nev was doing a Book Signing in Dallas at Lincoln Park Barnes & Nobles. I thought, Lincoln Park? My Mind went to both the Band and a Small town between Mckinney and Denton. and, I also thought, “Don’t You mean North Park?”. Anyway, so She left and I went back to Sleep. We left Plano to get there 1 Hour and 30 Minutes early, and Good thing that We did because A lot of People (about 200 People, mainly Girls) wanted to see Nev. So, We were given His Book and a Wrist Band with a Number on it. We were moved up the escalator and lined in Numerical Order. My Mom said, “This feels like Six Flags!” Anyway, so We grabbed our seat (We had to stand) and Up came Nev, along with Shrieking Girls. It was Awesome to see Nev in Real Life! So, He joined us all together “Hanging Out” and He started talking about His new Book, In Real Life. He read a part of His Book about The Right Way to say that You are Sorry. He says that, ‘Whatever The Situation is, Even in a Relationship, or in a Fight, You say, “I’m Sorry, I was Wrong” Even if You know that You are Right’. After a Reading, He did a Question & Answer period. Some of The Questions, Including My Own, were Very Interesting. Some People asked What was The Favorite or Most Difficult of The Episodes on The TV Show. I was curious about What the Most Nerve-Racking Episode did He experience? After All, If You have seen the Show, He knocks on a lot of Stranger’s Doors not knowing What was going to Happen. So, When It was Time for The Book Signing, All The Girls shuffled fast, over to The Line to meet him. Me?, I wanted as much Talk Time as Possible. So, I thought, “Why don’t We wait until The Last Person and Then, Go Up?” and That is What We did. It was Funny to watch what Some of The Girls had him do, Some did a Video Or Selfie, One Girl brought a Shirt for Him to Wear, and Yes, One Girl had a Picture of Him kissing her on The Cheek. After The Last Girl past us, We got up and got in Line. We met This Nice Lady named Jasmine while We were waiting and She wanted to Possibly Work with The Filming Crew so She Brought her Resume and Everything. After talking to The Book-handers who worked at Barnes & Nobles about PTLS, It was Time to meet Nev. He grabbed My Book from The Book-handers and Said, “So, Who is Christian?” I responded with “That would be Me”. Of Course, Meeting Nev didn’t come without us telling him about PTLS and Telling Him about The PTLS Foundation. So, After we met him, We talked to Him for Short Time and then, Let anyone else talk to Him before Leaving. I looked behind and There was a Group of Girls who were to say The Least, Starstruck. I told them, I said, ‘You Know, You watch someone on Television and You Think, “Nah, Their not Real!” then, You come to Something like This, You See them, and You think, “Their Real?!”. Yes, even I have that Mentality a little bit. It comes with Being a Fan. I am sure, that People who meet me for the First Time, think that. Because They see me in Videos or Pictures and They don’t think that I am Real. People should remember though, that Famous People are Real People, just like You and Me. Anyway, before we left, Nev was kind enough to Video a PSA about Support and Raising Awareness about PTLS. He did a Really Good Job and We thanked him.
So, Us, Nev, and His Publicist went down The Escalator and On Our Way out, Nev put his arm around Me. As we departed, My Mom made a Funny Reference to One of The Episodes of The TV Show and Nev responded with a Funny Comment back. Both My Mom and I gave Nev a Hug before we left. It was an Awesome Evening! I am very happy that I got to meet Nev and If it weren’t for My Mom hearing about Him on TV, We would have not known that He was in Town. It was all Serendipity planned out for us. All in all, I had a Great Evening and Nev really is a Very Nice Guy!


Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. You never know Who You are going to Meet.


No comments: