October 30, 2013

The Christianville Spirit: Mandy, The Momma Dog


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Fills Your Heart & Lifts You Up
October 30, 2013-TCS # 374

So, The Following Newsletter maybe The Most Raw of My Newsletters as I was crying about this, a Couple Minutes before I started and I’ll explain it as I go. You See, as You Know or Are About to Find Out, We had to put our Oldest Dog, Mandy down Last Tuesday. For Reference, We had 3 Dogs being Mandy (The Oldest), Zoe (We like to say, she is a Sophie-Incarnate, 5 Years Old), and finally Our “Foster Dog” Sadie Good-Lord (as of now, she is not a “Foster Dog”; she is ours now. 1 Year and a Half Old) Anyway, Mandy was the Main Dog in our family after we put down Sophie, back in 2008. Mandy’s Story started as a Very Odd One. Now, as You know (or will know), We are fans of Rescue Dogs or in Mandy’s Case, taking care of her until we could find a home for Her. Mandy was given to us to find a home for her from a My Brother’s School Buddy’s Brother. The Brother took her in but, realized that he couldn’t have her because His Apartment was too Small and Mandy was a Big Dog. Mandy was a Black Lab for Reference. Anyway, the Brother came over and gave Mandy to us to find a home. Well, Long Story-Short, Her Home was the Smith-Centeno House, Of Course! She was the Original “Foster Dog”, Now that I think about it. The Best Part about Mandy was Her 2 Trademarks that set her apart from The Rest. One was that, she is a Momma type of Dog (so much that We called her “Momma Mandy”) that takes care of The Other Dog, that being Sophie and Zoe. She would lick Sophie and Zoe’s Ears and all over Their Faces. And, then, we found out of Mandy’s Second Trademark and that was the way that she talk to us. Often, My Brother and I would make an “ooooohh” noise and she would respond with her Trademark Voice that sounded just like My Brother and It was a funny one. I do wish that I would have caught it on Video before we had to put her down but, I’m sure it’ll be ringing in My Ears for Now. In Fact, when Mandy would bark which was her way of talking, I could understand what she wanted because She barked in Syllables; As in “I-am-Hun-Gry.” When Mandy was Young, She was the one to drive Sophie crazy wanting to Play, then The Roles reversed when we got Zoe. After Sophie left in 2008, Mandy fell into a Depression, Eating nothing but, Treats. I helped by loving on her and scratching her on Her Favorite Spot. So, we asked Sophie in Prayer to tell us when she was ready for us to get another dog. When it came time to get another dog, which We got on December 22, My Mom went to the SPCA (again We Love Rescue Dogs) along with Mandy to pick the dog for her as Her Friend and for us. Now, My Mom thought that Mandy would like an Older Dog but, Mandy would growl at them. Then, My Adopted-Aunt Kathy, Went to the Puppy Section and found a Cute Dog. My Mom thought, “Oh No, I don’t want a Puppy!” Well, when they let this puppy in, The Puppy, Now known as Zoe, ran all round the room and Mandy stopped her, put her paw on her on her head, and licked her face; that is how we knew! So, we got to spend Christmas with our new dog, Zoe. Now, My Brother was the one to Name her but, My Brother came up with some really weird names before Zoe. So, Then we come to Last Weekend. All of a sudden Mandy’s Health declined to where she was losing her grip on the Wooden Floor, She slowed down Her Eating to Barely Nothing ,and She slowed in Walking as well and started Laying Down more often. On Monday of Last Week, it turned into Mandy Throwing Up every couple minutes and She didn’t want to Move at all. So, We knew that She was in lot of Pain and we weren’t sure how long she was going to live. My Mom and I had to have that, “We have to Talk about Putting Her Down Discussion” and After that, I figured that I would announce it on Facebook as a Way of Helping Myself deal with Mandy not being around anymore. I made it official that We were keeping Sadie-Good Lord and telling about Mandy as well. Because in My Literal Mind, People weren’t sure if we were keeping Sadie or not because We kept calling her, “The Foster Dog” and I wanted to reassure those people that we were keeping her.  So, on Tuesday, October 22; a few days before My Brother’s Birthday, it was pretty clear that Mandy was in so much pain, it would be Wrong and Inhumane to keep her alive. So, My Mom and Adopted Aunt Kathy went to take Mandy to put her to sleep. As My Mom recalls, “She was so Ready” and She went very peacefully. By Now, I’m sure Mandy is having such a fun time in Heaven while Eating Treats, Chasing Bunnies, and Plenty of Food. And Yes, I’m sure she is really happy to hang out with Sophie and Best of all, Not in Pain! So, I’ll end with this, I have two final thoughts. When My Mom put Mandy down, Mandy did a little smile to My Mom. And, on The Day that Mandy passed, I was getting the food for Sadie and Zoe, I saw a Picture of a Black Lab on the Box of Soft Food that We fed Mandy in her Final Days. It was then, I could hear The Long Island Medium’s Theresa Cuputo’s Voice in My Head saying, “That is Confirmation that Mandy loves You and She thanks you for doing that.”


Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. If Your is in Pain, Don’t be Selfish, and Let Them Go. They will Thank You Later when They come to Welcome You in Heaven!

No comments: