October 16, 2013

The Christianville Spirit: TCS Series; A Letter to Siblings


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Fills Your Heart & Lifts You Up
October 16, 2013-TCS # 372

So, Let’s Start This Week’s with One Last Question for You. Don’t Worry, I promise this is going to be a good one. So, When was the Last Time that You Wrote a Letter to a Sibling or Siblings? Most People would say, “Why on Earth Would You want to Write a Letter to Your Sibling?” Believe it or Not, There are people who do write letters to their siblings, but Only if They are in The Army (Thank You, Guys!); They are in Distress (like if they were in The Hospital), or They are really Mad at Them. Usually, The Siblings are either living with you or are Close to You. After All, Behind Family, Siblings are Very Important. Because They influence you in many ways, that Parents can’t. If However, You have Long-Distance Siblings, there is always Email. But, once in a while You should Write a Letter. So, That is What I’m going to Do, I’m going to write   a Letter to My Sibling; My Brother, Michael as well as Other Siblings of PTLSers. So, Without further a due, This is The Christianville Spirit Series, “Letters to Loved Ones!”
For The 5th and Final Installment of My Series, “Letters to Loved Ones” I’m going to write a Mixer Letter to My Brother as well Siblings of PTLS Children. Since The Original Idea was to Write to My Brother, I’ll start with him first. So, Here it goes. Enjoy! 

“Dear Sibling of Christian (Michael) & PTLSer Siblings,
Hey There, Michael! Yes, I know we live in the same house but, I thought I would give you some credit and a little fame. I know that You are quite the Hard-Working Artist that You Are and I am extremely proud of You for all the Hard Work that You have done to get where you are right now. If you were to ask me, What My Proudest Moment in Your Process to Achieve Your Dream is, I would say that, The Mural that You worked on at UNT was So Awesome and I can’t believe that You took such a Big Part in Designing and Painting it. If I wouldn’t have known that You were in a Team doing it, I would have thought that by the looks of it, It was done by a Famous Artist. I want to Thank You, Michael, considering that You are My Little Brother and I am the Big Brother, for taking that Big Brother role in My Life. I am sure that it was Very Different. Thank You for Introducing Me to some of Your Friends like Spencer and Zach. As Well as Allowing me to be “One of The Guys”. I’m sure that Life can be Hard sometimes but, I Love being Your Brother. Even though I often get the last two letters before the “L” confused Sometimes! Know that Whatever happens in Life that I am Very Proud of You and Remember too that Family (and, God) always comes First! 
So, to Siblings of PTLS Kids, I’m sure it may be hard to be a Sibling of Someone who is Different from You but, You are doing a Really Good Job. If You are a New Sibling to the PTLS Family, The Best Thing to do is to Help Your Sibling the best you can, as well as Show Good Behavior toward them and around them because You will be the ones that They imitate the most, Besides Your Parents. Your Sibling is Unique, that is the best word to use. The Words, Disabled and Disability shouldn’t have to be used unless it has to. Your Brother or Sister is Unique because God made them that way, if Anyone, like Your Friends or Bullies ask. It is up to you to teach them how to do things, Like My Brother did. Yes, They may Get Anxious or Get Upset (We PTLSers do this when Trying New Things) but, the best thing is to help them Get Through it and Try it. If they don’t like it after they try it, then Let that one be. If They do like it, They probably will keep doing the new thing over and over again. An Important Thing to Note, The Looks on Their Faces, Behaviors, and What to do when They are Overwhelmed. First, The Looks on Their Faces, We all have that “Look” that tells people when Something is Wrong. For Me, My Look, Looks like I’m going to be Sick. My Mom calls it, “The I’m going to be Sick/Something’s Bothering Me Face.” For Behavior, If something is bothering them, they will be unusually Quiet or not acting like their usual self. Other than That, If They are doing some kind of Behavior that is not from You or Your Parents, Then Chances are, it is from another kid in School. They are Imitating what they seeing at School, which may not be Good Behavior. They will look to you to their friend, playmate, teacher, one who comforts them, and ones who really understands them well. When Your Sibling has too much Activity going around them, They will Shut Down, Start to Cry, or Have a Behavior Problem. The Best Thing is to do is the give them a Big Hug and Take them out of The Situation. Know that We PTLSers care a lot and appreciate what you do for Us and How You are always there for Us. I Thank You on the Behalf of PTLsers Everywhere.


Your Brother (to Michael) & PTLS Sibling Spokesperson,
Christian Smith-Centeno.”

All in all, As You Can See, Siblings are a HUGE Part of Our Lives.


Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Cherish Your Siblings, Young and Old.






No comments: