August 21, 2013

The Christianville Spirit: Seeing California


California Highway 9; Deep Redwoods!


Marriott's Shadow Ridge Resort



The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Fills Your Heart & Lifts You Up
August 21, 2013-TCS # 365

So, for My Birthday, My PTLS “Aunt” Sherry got me something really awesome. She got me A Shirt & Hat from San Diego, A Map of San Diego, and Little did I know, A “Sherryfied” Map of California. By “Sherryfied”, I mean that there were markings of Places that She thought I would really love. However, I noticed that on the map, it showed a large swath of Redwoods, South of San Francisco. Now, In my past Cyber-Travels, I have known that most of The Redwoods and Deep Forest was NORTH of San Francisco, like from Muir Woods on upward to Oregon. But, I wondered about that big swath of Green between The Silicon Valley and Santa Cruz, and the Curiosity swept in. Now, From My Impression In My Head, of The Silicon Valley Area, I would never think there would be as Tall of Redwoods to the South of it. For All I knew, it was only Home to the headquarters of Apple (Cupertino), Google (Mountain View), Yahoo (Sunnyvale), and Facebook (Menlo Park), Respectively. Both Apple and Facebook, by the way have large headquarters. Let me make a Quick Note of Something I noticed, The road that loops around Facebook is called “Hacker Way” and The Loop around Apple is called “Infinite Loop.”  So, Curiosity got me and I just had to do it, so I cyber-flew to San Francisco to see it. Anyway, so when I got there I Cyber-Travelled to the south of San Francisco to see these Redwoods. I will tell you that I was amazed by just how tall and how deep the Forest was. It felt very peaceful to Cyber-Drive through the deep Redwoods, If you love Nature like I do, I would recommend it! I fell most in love with most of California Highway 9 from Skyline Boulevard all the way to Santa Cruz, It is so Beautiful. The time that they took the pictures, it ran though a Segment where it was Foggy, so You would be driving down this road in a Deep Forest and Foggy Weather as if you were above the clouds. It was Awesome. I would go through a few nice Mountain Towns before ending up in Santa Cruz. The Sad Thing, In My Head anyway, is that Deep Woods is not one’s impression of California. One Instead thinks of The Beach, Palm Trees, and Hollywood. They think of Places mainly in Los Angeles or in between LA and San Diego. Personally, Although I have never been to San Diego but, I have been to LA. I think more Highly of San Diego (Not just because of “Aunt” Sherry!) but, because it is a Beautiful City. In My Cyber-Trip, I drove a little bit down the Pacific Coast Highway (which I dream of doing in Real Life) and Drove toward and through LA. Now, Again, The Pacific Coast Highway is something I would recommend because It is Beautiful and It is a Pretty Scenic Drive. I’ve heard that there are some cool places along it like Monterey, San Luis Obispo, and Santa Barbara. I heard that there are really cool and Historic Hotels along the route as well. Once I got to LA, I figured I would try to figure out a way to get across The Hollywood Hills (Through Neighborhoods) to get to the Hollywood side of The Hill and down to Vine Street. I will tell you that it was really tricky to figure out but, I did. On My Way Out of California, I “Drove” through Palm Springs to see where I have actually stayed at. One Thing to definitely do, if You Go there is The Palm Springs Tramway. It takes you up into Mt. San Jacinto and believe it or not, there are Redwood Trees up there too! My Dad, My Brother, and I went up there one evening when We were There, Several Years Ago. It was over 100 Degrees on The Desert Floor and Up in Mt. San Jacinto, it was a cool 60 Degrees and with towering Redwoods. So, You could stand in the Mountain Station with the Redwoods surrounding you and look down to see The City of Palm Springs and The Desert. Again, This is something I would recommend doing and If I had the chance, I probably would do it again. The Last Stop before I drove toward Blythe and Out of California was to stop at where My Dad, Michael, and I stayed at a Couple Years Ago. We stayed at this place called Marriott’s Shadow Ridge Resort in Palm Desert, California (by the way, that is between Palm Springs and Indio) I remember the pool that they had there and I loved the way the lights shined up at the curve of the “Date Palm” Trees (which is a type of Palm Tree). They have a really nice Golf Course (Which My Dad loved!) and It was close to Everything that you needed. Plus, it was an Hour outside of LA, so if You wanted to take a day to drive out to LA, You Could. All in all, It was a good cyber-trip to see the different parts of California. Thank You “Aunt” Sherry!


Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. There are some Beautiful Places in This World, You just have to Stop and Take a Look. 





No comments: