August 7, 2013

The Christianville Spirit: An Exciting Week


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Fills Your Heart & Lifts You Up
August 7, 2013-TCS # 363

 So, This Past Week has been quite an interesting one for Me. I got to spend another Nice Brotherly Time Together with My Brother, Michael. We spent time together doing something that he does all the time but, I have never seen him do. It is called Disk Golfing. It is similar to Regular Golf, only instead of whacking a ball down the fairway and going in the hole, you throw a Frisbee called a “Disk” and it goes into a Basket-like Thing. My Brother has been doing “Disk Golfing” for a while and with many of his friends. So, he figured that we would spend a Sunday Afternoon and Evening showing me how to play Disk Golf. To describe the course, would be a more Nature-based Course. In this case, it is in a nice park in McKinney where you walk along this dirt path and you see a sign that says; The Number of the Hole (there are 18), How Many Feet the throw is, and A Cement Slab to toss the “Disk”. For Me, I did a few “Epic Fails” where it was floppy and crashed early, then I started throwing some really good ones. My Brother told me a couple days before that He scored a -5 (Negative 5) which in Disk Golf is really good. Now, little did I know that the course had a Creek, a Road alongside, and a good amount of Trees(which can be either really helpful or really annoying) Along with that, came a few curiosities like “I wonder, has anyone ever thrown it into The Creek?” Yea, Check that one for both of us. “Has anyone ever thrown it into The Road?” Yep, That One Too! Luckily, It was just a Neighborhood Street. “Has Anyone ever Hit one of the other game players?” Yea.. But, luckily, it was My Brother. Sorry, Michael! To be fair, He hit me once too though. The Game was pretty fun. By the time that we got done, It was Dark. So, We finished off by getting some Ice Cream because it was so hot outside. It gets to be 100 or over Degrees in The Texas Summer, for reference. Luckily, My Mom packed us with Water to drink while playing. My Brother and I had a good time together and I’m sure he had fun teaching me to play Disk Golf. On another note, My Week ended with a not-so-fun 6 Hour Evaluation to help on My Quest to find a Job. It was to test My Endurance of what I could handle and what I couldn’t handle. The most Interesting Part of it was that they strapped a Heart Monitor around My Belly and a Watch that said My Heart Rate. This was because they wanted to watch my Heart Rate when I had to do Physical Activities. It was Interesting though to watch My Heart Rate as it went up and down. I can tell you that My Heart Rate went back to Normal quickly after each activity, sometimes I had had to sit down to rest to get it to come down. It as sort-of a reflection for me because I could tell if I was Relaxed or Anxious. I could tell that even giving a Girl a compliment made My Heart Rate go up. I thought, “Clearly, I am a Guy!” All in all, It was a Productive Week, Full of Excitement.



Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Play some Disk Golf, it’ll be a Different Experience! 





No comments: