July 31, 2013

The Christianville Spirit: My Love for Writing


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Fills Your Heart & Lifts You Up
July 31, 2013-TCS # 362

So, Writing. It is something that We humans do Every Day. We write everything, like What the tip is on the bill at a Restaurant; If your a Parent when Your Child is Sick, A Doctor’s Note; Even unconventional things, like a Facebook Post (that can be either really smart or thought provoking to something really stupid) and, It can be written in Different Languages like Swedish or a harder language like Chinese. The Truth is that I Love Writing because My Thoughts, Feelings, and Genius Ideas come out with such flow as I write. I say that because I can say more thought-provoking things in Writing then, I could in talking in words. The things that I don’t like about Writing is My Mind goes faster than My Fingers are typing the words. Plus, The Words, Themselves. Being So Literal, I am generally a very good speller but sometimes, I write the words how I think they should be spelled. But, really it is spelled differently. One that I have trouble with is the word, Miracle. I like to spell it “Meracle.” Anyway, I however owe a lot to My Elementary School Teachers, Mrs. James and Mrs. Bachman (who was One of My Favorite Teachers). Mrs. James played a big role in helping me get my thoughts into words because Again, My Mind would go faster than My Little Hand could Write. So, she came up a with Genius Idea, to ask me about My Weekend and I would dictate to her what I did that Weekend. My Mom likes to say that, what came out of those dictated writings was some really surprising stuff. Each Week, she would ask me “What did you do This Weekend?” and I would tell her everything I did. Now, Mrs. Bachman played a Big Roll too in My Writing. She would encourage me to Read State Books and Dictate My Words, which became really great stories. One Time My Mom and The Librarian noticed that I had a pattern where I would read books about US States and I would do them in order of where I was traveling to. I would make circles across the US Map as I was going from State to State. The Highlight that Mrs. Bachman taught me was something called “Multiplication Rhymes” and “Touch Math.” My Favorites were “6 x 4 walked through The Door, It was Number 24”, “ 8 x 8 landed on the floor, laid there till‘ 1964” and “9 x 3 floated up to Heaven, landed on Cloud 27” and then, “Touch Math” helped me the most at Math and I still use it today. So, I thank these two teachers because they taught me many things and because they accepted me for who I am. As a Result of Them, I really enjoy writing and I have been writing This Newsletter every week for 8 Years (since 2006). All in all, I’m always looking for different topics so, send in your suggestions!


Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Thank The Teachers that You had (or Have) because They might help you be the person You are Today!  






No comments: