May 1, 2013

The Christianville Spirit: An Exciting & Unnerving Week


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Fills Your Heart & Lifts You Up
May 1, 2013-TCS # 349

So, This Week has been quite an interesting week for Me, both Exciting and Unnerving at the same time. First, The Exciting News, My PTLS Uncle Brent’s Dad was coming up to Dallas for Business and He wanted to meet us while he was in town. So, He said that He wanted Seafood for Dinner. so, I picked for us to go to Rockfish because it was nearby where he had to go, plus it is really good. So, as My Mom and I were waiting, we see him walking toward us through the Parking Lot (he likes to be called “Putt”. sort of like Popi used to be called, “Bud”) We noticed that, “Putt” looks exactly like Uncle Brent. I should say that “Putt” is a really cool person and he reminds me a lot of Uncle Brent. He lives in a town that only a True Texan can pronounce, Mexia (Ma-Hay-Yuh) and I actually know how to pronounce, considering I was born in Texas. Anyway, We all had pretty much the same meal, Crab Stuffed Flounder with Ponchatrain Sauce; Only with Different Side Dishes. Anyway, The Company was Awesome and We got to teach him all about PTLS and He taught us what he likes to do. We look forward to seeing him again soon. It was a great visit. So, now on the Unnerving Part. So, Many Years Ago, when I was younger, I went to this place down near San Antonio with My Dad, there was a creek and a dam. All the kids, including My Brother, were playing in the creek so, I joined them. As I was walking on the cement slab, which was covered in algae, I walked on it like all the other kids were and I slipped and landed on My Two Front Teeth. Little did I know that several years later, the nerves inside would die and the two teeth became Gray. So, I had to have a Root Canal Yesterday Afternoon and I was REALLY Nervous all week before, including The Day of, and at the time of the appointment. Yes, Another Dentist Story! Anyway, I have never had a Root Canal before so I didn’t know what to expect or what was going to happen. So, On the Day, I also had a Neurologist Appointment earlier than I was going to.  Yes, Two Doctor’s Appointments in One Day! Now, The Neurology Appointment was No Big Deal because He just had to ask questions about My Headaches, test my nerves, and get my my muscle strength, then get an updated MRI scheduled, so I can figure out the Headaches and General Update on My Brain. But, I was more nervous about The Dentist which was going to come after the Neurologist. So, When it was over, we traveled up to The Dentist. Luckily, My Mom was there with some Natural Remedies like Lavender & Rescue Remedy (which I believed, helped a little bit) on the way there and once we got there. So, Once we got called in, I sat down, and got CNN on The TV. It was really nerve-racking because I know that The Shot (The Numbing Needle) was coming first. Again, Luckily, the Doctor asked me while reading my nervous signals, “Are You Nervous about The Needle?”, And I answered, “Yes.”  The Doctor said, “Well, We can do it without it if You want”. I was more worried about The Needle and If I had it without The Needle, It might hurt worse. However, I reminded Myself and The Doctor that the root was already dead, so I didn’t think I would feel it and I didn’t! It felt very weird like pressure on the teeth, when they were drilling. the only thing that got me was that I gagged when they were trying to take the X-Ray in the middle of The Procedure. It also helped that I was surrounded by Pretty Women, one being My Mom rubbing My Legs to keep me calm through the whole procedure. All in all, It was so much better than the needle and No Pain!


Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. As The Much Over-Used Saying goes, “Keep Calm, It’s Just a Root Canal!”  






No comments: