May 22, 2013

The Christianville Spirit: In My Best Friend's Honor


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Fills Your Heart & Lifts You Up
May 22, 2013-TCS # 352

So Today, to me, is a Special Day because of Someone Special. You See, 5 Years Ago My Best Friend Lynee, passed away (I had posted on Facebook that it was 4 Years Ago, but, it was actually 5). Lynee was someone that I was really great friends with when I was in 4th Grade. It was when I was much less social as I am now (Hard to Believe there was ever that time, I Know) and My Words were less clear then. I always like to point out too that she was My First Crush and I didn’t know that to do with that. However, She was one of those friends that understood me, even If I didn’t talk clearly. So, In Honor of the day that she passed away, I gave today a Special Name instead of the depressing name, “Lynee Watson’s Homecoming” So, I refer to it now as “Lynee Day”, which is my day to celebrate her life, even though I only was with her in 2 Classes, in Fourth Grade and The other in Tenth Grade. I even am changing a Street Name in Downtown Christianville in honor of her and put her on the map. Last Year’s “Lynee Day” was not an easy one for Me because it was the First “Lynee Day” after I found out that she passed away (which was 2 Years after She actually passed away). This Year is more about Celebration of Her Life. Anyway, Sometimes when I think of her; I think of those “Master Card” Commercials, Only My Version and In My Words, “A Friend is Easy to Find, A Good Friend is Harder to Find, and An Awesome Friend who You Loved...This is Priceless.” We will always have Friends that we either meet in Elementary School who continue to Travel with Us in our Life, Friends who will become more Special, or Just Friends that come into your life and Stay for a Season. Lynee on the other hand, She’ll be around Forever even though She is in Heaven but, also, She is My Guardian Angel as well. What Kind of Friends do you have in Your Life? All in all, Make the Best of Your Friends. Keep The Great Friends in Your Life and Give them a Special Place in Your Heart.


Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Cherish, Respect, and Never Let Go of the Friends you love because you never know what Tomorrow will bring.





No comments: