February 27, 2013

The Christianville Spirit: The 5 Love Languages


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Fills Your Heart & Lifts You Up
February 27, 2013-TCS # 340

So, 2 Weeks Ago, I was on YouTube, catching up with the you tubers that I watch, when I saw a video from one of their friends. It was a video explaining about a quiz about what is called, “The 5 Love Languages.” I had heard something about “The 5 Love Languages” a couple years ago but, I overlooked it and moved on. I also remember telling the PTLS Family Member that I have dates with Thursday & Friday about it because “Love Language” to My Literal Sense, means that it’s another language that you know or have to learn. Like learning to speak English or French. Anyway, after watching the video, I got a little curious about the quiz and all the time that I have been on Facebook (both Now and in the “Madison Days”) I always loved taking personality or romantic quizzes, so this one wasn’t any different. Anyway, This Quiz was a 30 Question quiz about what you would prefer in the way that someone shows how much they love you or really, how to love you. Needless to say, it was an interesting quiz because it made you think deeper about the way you want to be loved or shown love, than an entertainment quiz like “What’s Your Personality Color?” or “What Kind of Lover Are You?” So, after I took the quiz, it gave me the results. So, what they do is they give you a list of the 5 Love Languages that you speak most to least. So, My “Primary Love Language” is called Quality of Time. Quality of Time means that to Show that You Love Me is spending lots of time with me, giving me your undivided attention, and taking an interest into everything that I am saying. They say that no time together and not paying attention to what someone is saying, can be hurtful. So, here are the other 4 Love Languages...

  • Physical Touch: My 2nd Love Language. To show someone that you care and/or love them is to touch them appropriately like Holding Hands, Cuddling, and Putting Your Arm around them. If you touch them inappropriately, hit them, or push them, it can be hurtful.   
  • Words of Affirmation: Nothing says, “I Love You” like just saying something like, “I Love You, Honey”, “Your Amazing”, “Your Intelligent”, or Basic Compliments. However, Hateful Words, even if you think you are joking, it can be hurtful.
  • Acts of Service: This is My Mom’s 2nd Love Language. Actions speak Louder than Words. The Biggest way to this person’s heart is lending a helping hand with Homework, Housework, and Projects. However, things like Laziness and Broken Promises can be hurtful. 
  • Receiving Gifts: For those who speak this language, to show you love them is to shower them with gifts. They love gifts, for their Birthday, Valentine’s Day, or Just a random Tuesday Evening. However, If you miss and/or forget their birthday, No Roses on Valentine’s Day, or Not giving much, can be hurtful.
So, those are My 5 Love Languages. I’ll tell you though, it doesn’t only help you understand what Love Language comes out naturally to yourself. But, also it’s help you understand your Friend’s Love Language or better yet, your Romantic Interest’s Love Language. If you asked me if I would recommend this quiz, I would say Yes. I think you should try it and see what your 5 Love Languages are and help you understand your Friends & Family’s Love Languages better. All in All, You may not think about it, but Love Languages are an important part of your life.




Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Meet Your Love in The Middle. Learn where your “Middle” is.


No comments: