March 28, 2012

The Christianville Spirit: PTLS Translations


The Christianville Spirit
The Sprit that Opens Your Eyes
March 28, 2012-TCS # 293
So, I know that there are a lot of questions coming in for PTLS Members wondering what in the world is going to happen to or what is happening with My Child. Well, again consider your questions answered! This question that I’m going to tell you about and is on if not near the top of the list and that is “What is My Child thinking when they stem?”. Now, in case you don’t know what I mean by stemming, stemming is when your child does something like rocking back & forth, pacing, humming, and finally the PTLS Trademark, the Lining-up of Objects. However, before I tell you this stuff and try to translate it, please know that NOT ALL PTLS Kids do these things. Now, the first one I’m going to translate in the PTLS Trademark, Lining-up of objects. The truth is that it can be for many different reasons, depending on the object. For Example, I loved lining up Matchbox Cars and in my head, it was a traffic jam. Of Course, to most people, they would see me rocking back & forth, humming strangely, and playing with my cars. Translation: The Rocking was me trying to picture a road with a real traffic jam or even a road with the worst traffic jam in the world, The Humming was me making the sounds of people yelling at each other saying that they needed to get somewhere and just to get out of the way because they were frustrated with the traffic, as with most people who have to commute everyday. Also, there were times when I would line the cars up facing them toward the door and that was because they wanted to get out of My Room and see the world. Another Thing I would do when I was really little and sitting in the bath, was that I would line up toys around the bathtub and that was “people” wanting to jump in and play with me. The Next Translation is the Pacing, which I’ll have to admit that it was one of my favorite things to do when no one was around and I started to get bored. I would find my place to start pacing and then, I would start to walking back & forth for a 4 feet each way and then, when I got really in to it, I added starting hi-pity-hopping and pacing. So, here’s the translation: I was thinking about driving on a road, seeing all the road signs, and hearing the noises of the grooves of the road. You See, here in Dallas, they put grooves in the concrete for traction during the winter and until I was older, I couldn’t explain or describe the sound of the road but, I knew what it sounded like in my head. When I finally got to talk and mention what it sounded like, the only way I could describe it was calling it, “A Holler Road” because it sounded like a lady was hollering at a high pitch. Anyway, to most people, when they would see me pacing, they would think, “What is he doing?” and they would see me humming, pacing (and, hi-pity-hopping as My Mom calls it, depending on how much I was into it), and looking down on the ground.  The Translation for that is the Humming was the sound of the road, Pacing was what got it started, and looking down to the ground in my head, was like watching a movie screen picturing the road, the signs, and noise of the road. The next translation came when I got a little older, I started rocking back & forth while sitting up, I’d do this a lot while I was ready to go to Bed and what I would do was once My Mom said good night to me and My Brother, I’d start thinking about roads and their noises, as well as other things and I would sit up and start rocking back & forth. After a while of me rocking, it would start to annoy My Brother and he would tell me to stop humming because it was just humming noises. The Translation for this was the same as the pacing back & forth, only sitting in my bed this time. There was a time that eventually, my humming stopped becoming roads and it’s noises to songs that I’ve heard before. That bring us the final translation, Humming. Now, Humming to most normal people and special needs people is very annoying sometimes. My Humming started as noises of the road and as I matured it turned more into Music. When my humming turned more toward music, I would hum a song and that would put My Brother to sleep. Sometimes, My Brother would say, “Christian, Hum me a song” and I would say, “What song do you want to hear” and, he would say, “anything” and I would just start humming a song and it didn’t matter what it was. Now, The Translation of this is simple: I would do it with I was happy and you could tell when I wasn’t because I wouldn’t be humming and If I really wasn’t happy, I’d make a face that My Mom calls,”The I’m concerned, something’s bothering me, or I’m going to be sick Face.”  Sometimes my humming would get annoying like when I hummed in school, people would tell me, “Christian, Stop Humming!” and I would tell them that I was happy and they would either just ignore it or they would tell me, “Then, stop being happy.” The crazy part is that through, My Ears, when I was humming, It would come out as words and it sounded more like I was singing. However, to most people it was Humming and flat noises to them. All in all, I hope this all answers at least some of your questions about why your child does what to some people think is not normal and I see it more as Unique. 
Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Everything happens for a Reason. No Matter how it looks or how odd it is.
   

No comments: