March 7, 2012

The Christianville Spirit: My View on Drinking


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Opens Your Eyes
March 7, 2012- TCS # 290
So, You know I’ve noticed that in my writing over the past couple weeks, I’ve been writing things that should be part of a series, so that My PTLS Family can refer to this in the many questions they have about their child. But, the problem with this realization is that it would be like watching TV, discovering that your favorite movie is on and it’s an hour and 30 Minutes into it, and like in most of your favorite movies, you want to see it from the beginning. So, enough of my rambling, I’ll just have to continue as I was. Now, this week’s newsletter, I have to warn you may scare you, just by the thought of it. It’s one of those things about being a parent, let alone being a parent of a PTLS child. But of course I’m not a Parent, I’m actually a Young Adult with PTLS, so I know a little about this. The thing I’m going to tell you is Drinking, as in Drinking Alcohol. Now, I’m going out-front on this one but, I have had a couple tastes (little baby sips) of Alcohol and I hated it so, rest assured I don’t drink and I don’t plan on it. The times that I have tried it were Innocent, an Accident, or I didn’t know what it is. The First time that I tasted it was, (as My Friend Johnathon would put it, “Alcohol touched my tongue”) was the one time I wanted to try the wine at church, more as just something to wash the “bread” down because, which I’m Sorry to say, is an element of Church that isn’t my favorite thing to do. After I tried, I cringed from the taste of it and I decided that I really didn’t like it. The second time was when I was at a New Year’s party at my dad’s house. There were kids tasting the champagne and told me it was ok to drink because it was apple juice. It was really bad! The last time I tasted it was out of curiosity that I took a sip of a beer. ICK!!! That really tasted bad! As for when I turned 21 or when Most People expect that your going to drink and party, I didn’t and My Mom was extremely thankful for that. You See, I didn’t and still don’t care to drink alcohol and I was one of the people that, unlike others when they turned 21, I had a more clean party which was a really fun time with Johnathon, Karleen, a friend of hers and I spending the day bowling and ending the day going out to dinner with My Family. All in all, Since that little curiosity, I haven’t drank anything. Not only because I hate the taste of it but, I’m not interested in it, I don’t care about it, and I choose not to do it.
Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Having a child is truly a blessing in disguise. Cherish it what you have.   

No comments: