February 29, 2012

The Christianville Spirit: Driving and Dating


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Opens Your Eyes
February 29, 2012-TCS # 289
So, I know that for many PTLS Family Members, particularly new ones but sometimes the not-so-new ones, have many questions about what’s going to be ahead for their child. I mean, if I were in their position, I’d be worrying about the bigger things beyond the childhood age, such as Puberty, Dating, Driving, Drinking, and Marriage...just to name a few. So, I’m going to answer the Driving and Dating questions from My Experience. Now, as with any person there’s those minor-crushes that we have in both Elementary and Middle School like I did with Lynee, Lauren Anderson, and of course Ali. The first real girlfriend I had was a girl named Madison. Now, before I get into talking about Madison, I know PTLS Members are secretly curious whether the people I had crushes on and had as girlfriends where girls who had special needs or not? Well, honestly I don’t pay attention to that because it doesn’t matter to me. But, for Reference, Lynee had some kind of Special Needs, Lauren didn’t, and Ali had Down Syndrome. Anyway, the first girlfriend I had was Madison.  Now, Madison, to put it nicely, wasn’t the most liked girl at school in both High School and Senior High School. She was the girl who got made fun of and if you got on her bad side, well good luck, being in her presence. Anyway, one day I was IMing with My Friend, Kristen; Madison asked her for my screen name and so she gave it to her, then madison asked me out over the internet. I was a little hesitant about it because of who she was and the fact that I never gone out with someone before. So, finally I was like “Ok, fine, it’ll be a good trial run” So, we went out for 4 Months and it was a pretty good 4 months, I mean we would celebrate each month together and I would count the days we had been together. Of Course, the way it ended, today I’m not very proud of. You See, I’ve said many times that I don’t like to see people in distress and I didn’t really want to tell her that I wanted to break up with her and watch her get upset so, of course, I asked My Friend, Mark to do it for Me, I know it was dumb, but at that time I was really nervous and scared. After that we were still friends and we dated on and off while we worked together at the Double-A League Baseball stadium called the Frisco Roughriders. Anyway, on the Fourth of July I wanted to see the fireworks but she was not feeling well and wanted to go home. We ended up getting into a big argument and decided to call it quits. The end of the baseball season came and I decided to quit working there because like I said before, if you were on her bad side, it wasn’t good. Now, of course If you know me well enough, I wrote a newsletter about the whole quitting deal that wasn’t so nice about her because I was upset and yes, I called her a bully, which in a way, she is but, I never got to write about what I liked about her or what I learned. With anything in this world, Everything comes with a lesson and everything happens for a reason. Not all the things I learned from her were good things but, some of them were. Like for example, She thought me all about dating and how it felt to have a girlfriend. As well as the typical behaviors like Hugging, Kissing, Cuddling, and Holding Hands. My favorite memory of her was a time I was walking toward the school and I saw her start to run and excitedly yelled, “Christian!” She ran up to me and gave a big hug. Now, of course, having Madison as a girlfriend was really fun and quite a learning experience about Dating and the Art of having a girlfriend. Of Course, My Mom will tell you, the whole thing nearly gave her a heart attack when I kissed Madison in front in My Mom while saying good night to her.
      Moving on to the driving part of this segment. The thing about Driving is that I know how to drive things like Go-Karts and Golf Karts because in the latter years of “The Jeff Era” I grew up driving around the yard of the Lake House and the Field across the street. However the problem is that if I were to drive on the road, I would want to look at the signs and surroundings because they interest me which would lessens my attention to the road and what the other drivers are doing. Not only that but, My Reaction time isn’t that fast enough for me to react to someone cutting me off or someone slamming on their brakes. My Mom has always said that with me driving, “I would be more of a danger to the other drivers than they would be to Me.” Now, of course this didn’t stop My Brother from pulling the car over in the neighborhood and letting me drive down the street; yes, that did happen. It Happened on the way home from School, we turned onto the street that leads us home, and he stopped the car and said “I’m going to let you drive us home” and I freaked out thinking, “I’m going to crash this car”, luckily though, if I did, it was an old beat-up car. So I got into the drivers seat I pressed the gas accidentally thinking we could go but, Thank God it was in Park. So, I switched it to Drive and I drove around the neighborhood. I also drove by a park that had a ton of kids and other cars parked, luckily I didn’t hit any. Then, when we drove down our street, My Brother called My Mom and said, “Mom, Come Outside I want to show you something!” and she saw me driving up the road and her eyes were so big. I then, turned in the driveway and My Mom was probably thinking, “Please don’t hit My Car” and “Oh My God, Christian’s Driving!” and, then that was it, we were finally home. That was the only time that My Brother let me drive his car. So, as for Driving, It’s not that I can’t drive because I can drive Go-Karts or Golf Carts but, for My Own Safety and the Safety of Others, I choose not to drive. So as for getting around, I’ll have others do the driving for me. All-in-all, I hope that answers your questions on Driving and Dating. Now, Remember that these are My Experiences and Not All PTLS Children will have the same situation. So if you have any questions or comments please let me know.      
Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Be Grateful for the things that Someone can do, Not what they can’t do.

No comments: