February 8, 2012

The Christianville Spirit: "Da-World" Though My Eyes


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Opens Your Eyes
February 8, 2012- TCS # 286
So, I’m going to give you another helpful view through the eyes of PTLS. You Know, those Disney commercials where the parents surprise their kids saying, “Guess what Kids, WE’RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!” and The Kids hoop and holler about the idea and thought of “Going to Disney World.” It’s not always the case with us PTLSers. You Know, It reminds me and bothers me because, I remember when My Dad told me that we were going to Disney World, I don’t remember getting thrilled about it. In Fact, I remember that I was nervous about it. You See, I’ve actually never really got excited about going to any theme parks, the only reason I’d go was because everyone else was going so, I had no choice but I still got anxious. Growing up, I didn’t really enjoy riding on rides, I just did it because my parents had me do it to help with my fear and teach me what it felt like. Now, don’t get me wrong, I did like those kiddy rides like the mini coaster or the ride where you drive on a course at Fiesta Texas in San Antonio. and, of course there was that tall wooden coaster named The Rattler, that I was afraid to get on and eventually, it turned out to be My Favorite Roller coaster. Anyway, theme parks didn’t and still don’t thrill me like it does to Normal Kids. When I saw things that were big, to me, they were really big and scary. When you put a lot of activity, big objects, and loud noises; it is really overwhelming and causes me to be Anxious, lose focus, and have a hard time shutting my brain to shut down. I remember crying the whole time with My Dad at Universal Studios because he didn’t understand my perception of things and I couldn’t explain it to him because of My PTLS. Now, that I’m older and I’m able to explain things and even just communicate, I can tell people what I’ve been feeling and how I see The World. My Mom understood a lot but, is still learning. She never knew to what extent these activities really did to me. Now, don’t get me wrong, PTLS does have some disadvantages but, we really don’t if you see the world through our eyes, not your eyes. One Thing that I believe that PTLS blessed me with is  to get the chance to meet and talk to PTLS Family Members from Around The World that I would have never met or visited with. Also, with My Geographical Mind, I learn new things about places around the world. All in all, I thank you all for coming into My Life and me coming into yours.
Thanks for Reading the Christianville Spirit. Color Your World though the Eyes of PTLS.               

No comments: