December 7, 2011

The Christianville Spirit: The Parting of a Friend


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Sparks Your Heart
December 7, 2011- TCS # 277
So, Last Night, I found out something that struck and shocked me. You See, as I was looking up things on the internet, like the Lauren Scruggs thing, since I thought I went to school with her and because her name sounded familiar. But, when I couldn’t figure it out, I looked in my elementary school yearbook for her picture. Then I asked myself, “I wonder where Lynee is now?” You see, Lynee was one of my very best friends in elementary school. In fact, I had a crush on her. So, I googled her and then, I found something I really didn’t want to believe. It turned out that she died 2 years ago on May 23, 2008, when she was 20. Now, for those of you who don’t know who I’m talking about, I’ve mentioned her before in previous newsletters. You see, back in the great childhood days at Harrington Elementary, I had the biggest crush on Lynee and in fact, it was My First Crush, but I never told her. I would talk and hang out with her at school but, at that time, I wasn’t as Sociable as I am now so, we were just good friends. She and I met in the 4th Grade and she had to move in middle of 5th Grade so, she didn’t get to graduate from elementary school with me. I remember when we had our 5th Grade class picture. I remember now, just from looking at the picture in the yearbook, and I requested that I HAD to sit next to Lynee. I remember the times, while jumping on the trampoline, telling My Brother, Izzy, Alex, as well the Herrick Girls about how much I had a crush on Lynee, and they would playfully shout “Lynee, Lynee, Lynee” and I would blush. After she left Harrington, I was pretty upset about her leaving. Anyway, it was several years later at Jasper Junior High School, sitting in an Aqua Science Class, when role was being called the teacher said, “Lynee Watson” and I thought, “Lynee Watson...?” It took a minute to register in My Head and I looked behind when she said, “Here.” I thought, “Wow, it is her, the girl I crushed on, was my best friend, and went to Harrington with”. So, when I got home, I told My Mom. She asked, “Did she recognize you?” and I told her that I didn’t think so. After getting up the nerve to talk to her days later, I went up to her and told her who I was to jog her memory, and she DID remember. After that, I don’t remember if she was in class anymore, she just disappeared and that was it, I never saw her again. So, I think a couple years ago, I looked her up online and it just gave me her Myspace page but, at that time I wasn’t into Myspace, I was more into IMing friends (by the way, IM means Instant Messaging). So last night when I found out that she had died, it took me by surprise. Of Course, how I found out was that I found an Obituary that said Lynee (middle name) Watson but, the problem was I didn’t know her middle name, however, the picture looked like her. When My Mom saw it, she said that it was her. So, it left me pretty bummed and sad about it because like I said, she was my first crush and she was Very Important to me. What is sadder is that I never told her that I liked her. 
So, when I went to Bed, I said My Prayers and I said, “I Love You, God and I Love You too, Lynee”. So, Now she knows how I felt. All in All, Lynee will be missed a lot.
Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Never let a moment slip by without telling others that you Like or Love them.

No comments: