December 28, 2011

The Christianville Spirit: Christian's Year-In-Review 2011


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Sparks Your Heart
December 28, 2011- TCS # 280
 Ok, Everyone. It’s that time of year again, it’s getting close to New Year's Eve, Watching the ball drop, hearing Lake Superior State’s hilarious “List of Banned Words” and, saying Happy New Year. Now, of course, before we celebrate and yell “Happy New Year!”, I feel it’s a tradition here at The Christianville Spirit to review the past year of 2011. Now, 2011, I have to say, was quite a crazy year both personally and in the news. Of course, we all know that some of this year was quite a struggle for many people but, I know that next year will be even better for us. So, without further a due, this is “Christian’s Year-in-Review 2011.” So, as with any year-in-review, we start in January. So, My Year of 2011 started off great because as I love to know I begin with a clean slate. At the beginning of the year, I started with the change of my Christianville Spirit tag line, I call a subline. My new 7th sub line was “The Spirit that Sparks Your Heart,”  in my newsletters, which by the way, My Brother helped come up with. On January 8, the same day as the Gabrielle Giffords shooting, I got to be a greeter at the Grand Re-Opening of the Courtyard Campus of Collin College, because it was an open house to show everyone the new parts of it that they had been building. On February 1-5, was what I called the “Super Bowl Historic Monster Storm,” in the Dallas area, in which it iced several inches, along with Negative Wind Chills, and on Friday, February 4, it snowed 6 Inches on top of the ice that was already on the ground. By the way, this “Monster Storm” caused My Mom to break her right wrist, because she wanted to take the trash out and just so she could go outside. We had already stayed in our house for a week. Of course, February 12 was Super Bowl 45, right here in Dallas, and it was awesome to have it here. On February 16, I started writing the “My Heros” series which, told of all the people who are heros to me. In the news, this month, President Mubarak of Egypt stepped down on February 16, due to protests now known as the “Arab Spring.”   On March 11, in the news was the Big 9.0 Earthquake in Japan, which caused a tsunami and a radiation disaster. Now, besides, My Mom’s 50th Birthday and the scare of My Uncle Brian’s Heart Attack on March 31, March and April were both a quiet month. In the news, on April 29 was the famous “Royal Wedding” of Prince William and commoner, Kate Middleton, which Everyone around the world was really excited about. In Late April was, in many people’s opinion, “The Tornado that no one will forget,” the EF-5 Tornado that struck Tuscaloosa and Birmingham, Alabama. Actually, I saw the destruction later on this year and it was a pretty amazing site. On May 1, in the news, was the moment that Americans were waiting for, The Death of Osama Bin Laden. People in Washington, D.C. went into spontaneous celebration. Of Course, in My World, I was caught up in what I’ll called “The Rapture Scare”; where a preacher thought the rapture was going to happen on May 21, 2011. So, in response, I lived and counted down the last things I was going to do like, the Last Time seeing International Flights coming in at The Airport, the Last Dinner, and the Last Saturday. After the “Rapture Scare,” The STW (Spread the Word to End the Word) Girls, which were 3 College Girls taking a trip across the country teaching people about not using The R-Word (which is so offensive to people with special needs). Of Course, The Reason I called them the STW Girls was because they represented the organization, Spread The Word to End The Word. On the week of June 10-12, was what I called “PTLS Week” because it surrounded the PTLS Gathering in Raleigh, NC, which by the way was Awesome. Of Course, a lot of things came out of going to North Carolina for the PTLS Gathering but, one of the many was that I got to try North Carolinian BBQ and it was great. Finally, on June 30, Fox News Channel’s show, “Glenn Beck” ends it’s TV run. Now, The Month of July was an awesome, but quiet month, because on July 20 I got to met Dr. Jennifer Arnold from TLC’s “The Little Couple,” who by the way is a really nice person and friend, because I was going to go through the PTLS Study at Texas Children’s Hospital. In My World, On August 11 was My 24th Birthday which was an awesome day because I got a homemade book filled with postcards from all 50 States coordinated by My PTLS Aunts, Samantha Pennington and Shelly Jones. On August 2o, was My Uncle Craig’s Wedding to his longtime girlfriend, Kellie. We took a great road trip to Ohio for The Wedding, along the way we met up with My PTLS Aunt Samantha Pennington and the next day, met up with The Suchlands for Breakfast. On August 20, I found out that we have a new PTLS Family Member in one of My Favorite Countries, Norway. In the News, The first ever Hurricane(which was a Category 1) named Hurricane Irene struck New York City with luckily, not to much damage. September in My World was quiet but, in the news, the “Occupy Wall Street” Protests started in New York City on September 27. Also, the 10th Anniversary of 9/11 was on September 11. On October 20, In the News, Dictator Mommar Gaddafi of Libya was killed by rebel anti-Gaddafi forces that were sick of him and how he treated everyone.   Back in My World, on October 26 was My Brother, Michael’s 23rd Birthday and I wrote an awesome tribute to him in this newsletter. Finally, to end October, On October 31, the Palestinian Territory became part of the UN. In November was what I call “The Matching Date of The Year”, 11-11-11 on November 11. Now, this year’s “Matching Date” didn’t come without controversy, for example they closed the pyramids in Egypt to prevent people from doing, let’s just say, not-so-good rituals. The following day, November 12 was an awesome day because I got to meet another famous person, Samantha Brown of the Travel Channel, at the Travel and Adventure Show at the Dallas Convention Center. It was so awesome to get to meet her and she is one of my idols. Of Course, on November 16-20 was The 7th Annual “Christian’s Best Friend’s Festival”. One of the Highlights was on the Introduction of Friends and Michael’s Girlfriend was introduced. My Thanksgiving was awesome because My Grandma Honey and Uncle Brian coming here to Dallas for Thanksgiving, it was awesome to have them here. Now, I have to say that the highlight of Thanksgiving or at least one of them was that Michael’s Girlfriend made a homemade, Strawberry Rhubarb Pie and it was to die for. Of Course, we finally round to December, the month of My Favorite Time of Year. In Early December, I found out 2 years too late that My Friend and First Crush, Lynee died. so, that kind dampened my spirit for a while but, then I was okay. In The News, which I’ve sure that you’ve heard that North Korea’s Dictator, Kim Jong Il died and that I’m sure many are happy about. Now, as I said before this has been a very crazy year with enough Court Trails to make you wonder including Casey Anthony, Dr. Conrad Murray, and Amanda Knox’s trial in Italy. Also, we’ve had crazy stories like Anthony Wiener, Herman Cain, and others. Now, of course the news it may sound a bit negative but, I will tell something in the news, an update if you will. Remember, the story I told you about Rep. Gabrielle Giffords? She was shot in the head on January 8 and people thought that she was going to die or just be severely paralyzed but, as of December she is talking, doing okay, and returning to as much of a normal life as she can. And that, My Readers, I think would be the most heroic story of the news and it is amazing to me how she did that. So, yes, Gabby Giffords, I consider you a Hero of This Year and Our Time. Now, I was going to tell you about My Mom and I lovely candlelit dinner for Christmas which I called an “Italian Christmas” but, I think here is good way to end this year. All in All, We all have heros in the news that we know nothing about but, I think Gabby Giffords is the most amazing hero in the news and she tells us that you can overcome struggle and triumph over it, even if it takes a year.
( For the last time in 2011)
    
Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. I hope you have a great year of 2011 and I’ll see you back here for another year of exciting, thought-provoking, and maybe even touching newsletters in 2012. See you then!

No comments: