January 4, 2012

The Christianville Spirit: Happy New Year 2012


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Opens Your Eyes
January 4, 2012- TCS # 281
Hello again, My Readers, and Welcome Back to another exciting year of My Newsletters, to Open Your Eyes, and for your enjoyment. But, first off, Happy New Year! and Welcome to what should be an interesting year of 2012. I believe that 2012 will be an awesome year, maybe filled with a bit of trial but, also, infinite possibilities and great opportunities. Anyway, to start the year of 2012, I’m going to tell you how I celebrate the New Year’s holiday. It starts once I get up at my normal time (which is 2:45 in the afternoon) I watch HLN News every hour to see footage of where the new year is at that time. Also, I check my “World Clock” app on My Ipod Touch to see where, as I say, “Midnight’s location is”. During the day, while I’m watching New Year’s around the world, My Mom and I take down our Christmas Decorations, because in my eyes It’s a sign of the old, past year and I want to go to a New Year. Now, I know those of you who know me are wondering, “Christian, if you love Christmas so much why would you take the decorations down on New Year’s Eve?”. Well, don’t get me wrong, I love Christmas with every thread of me, but, I like to move on to the New Year instead being behind in the old year. Anyway, after that is done I have to at least hear or read Lake Superior State University’s “List of Banned Words for the New Year.” Now, I have to say that this year’s list wasn’t as funny as I expected it to be. One of the words that wasn’t on the list should have been the classic phase from Charlie Sheen, “Winning!” or maybe (and, not to offend anyone), “Rapture” from the Rapture Scare. Anyway, then comes another one of my traditions which is to see the last sunset of the year, because it signifies the end of the year and it’s time to have fun and party. This Year, I got to watch it with My Brother on a hill behind Wal-Mart(there aren’t many hills here in Plano). So, that was really awesome that My Brother and I could do that together. I love bonding time with My Brother. I even hugged him to thank him for doing that for me. After that, we went back home and ate dinner with Two Friends, they ate Crab Legs and I ate Turkey Enchiladas, which were yummy. Later on in the evening, around 9:00 I like to watch “Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin‘ Eve” because I like to watch the ball drop in New York City and I do that until the last newscast at 10 (The News is at 10 in Central Time Zone, everywhere else it’s at 11). Following that, is the 2nd half of Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin‘ Eve. Now, because of a show called Big D NYE on Dallas‘ ABC Station, they broadcast that until 12:30AM and then they show the second half, when it used to be Dick Clark, The News, and Dick Clark 2nd Half until 11:15 and then, Big D NYE would cut in. Now, don’t get me wrong, I’ve waited a long time for Dallas to have a New Year’s show but, I don’t want it to take over the 2nd half of Dick Clark. So, the alternative is to watch “Anderson Cooper’s New Year” on CNN, which by the way is equally funny because Kathy Griffin is on there and the look on Anderson Cooper’s face when Kathy Griffin does or says something really funny or not-so-funny, his face is priceless. Anyway, After New York’s New Years’, I then flip back over to “Big D NYE” to watch the countdown of Dallas‘ New Year and it results in an awesome firework show. All in all, I Love New Years! Out with the Old and In with the New! Also, 12 Grapes for good luck will help.
Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Hope you have a awesome 2012 and let me know what you think of this year’s new tagline, “The Spirit that Opens Your Eyes”        

No comments: