November 30, 2011

The Christianville Spirit: Thanksgiving 2011


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Sparks Your Heart
November 30, 2011- TCS # 276
Hello again, My Readers. I hope you had as much of an awesome Thanksgiving as I did. Yes, I had an awesome Thanksgiving; that’s why I didn’t write last week. You See, My Thanksgiving was awesome because of what we’ll call a rare chance. Usually, in our family because of the distance of them living in Atlanta and us being here, we usually go to Atlanta for Thanksgiving or Christmas because The Family is more close by and we can have more people in the family come. But, however there are those glorious once-in-a-blue-moon times when they actually come here to Dallas instead. Also, another special treat to it, was not only was Grandma Honey coming (which usually it’s just her) but, Uncle Brian came as well. Now, the last time that Uncle Brian came to Texas was when My Brother and I were little  and the other time was when My Dad and Mom got married. So, this was his first time in Dallas. Anyway, so they came in on Tuesday Afternoon and once they got here; we hung out, talked, and showed them where My Brother Worked for them to see what it was like. On Wednesday was the fun day (Well, at least for me) because My Brother and I took Uncle Brian on a tour of Downtown Dallas to show him the city and he thought it was really cool. When We toured the city, we showed the major places like Deep Ellum (Uncle Brian is a music guy and My Brother is an art guy, it’s a perfect combination for both of them), The Arts District, Where JFK was shot, JFK Memorial, The West End, and the American Airlines Center. On the tour, He noticed something in Downtown that I just would overlook, he said, “There’s a lot of Construction happening down here” and he’s right, there is a lot of Construction down in Dallas. Of Course, also on Wednesday, Grandma Honey got a massage from Kathy, My Mom’s Business Partner since they do Medical Massage, which made her feel so much better and has kept her out of pain to this day. On Thursday, Thanksgiving Day, we watched the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade and even Miracle on 34th Street (Which I had never seen before) and then, after My Brother and Paula got off from work, they came home and we had dinner. So, we had Thanksgiving dinner with Our Friend, Carol, Michael and His Girlfriend, Grandma Honey, Uncle Brian, and I, it was a lot of fun. I think the highlight of it was that I tried a pie that I’ve never had before called Strawberry Rhubarb Pie homemade because it’s a tradition in Michael’s Girlfriend's Family to make it and she decided to share it with us. Of Course, after dinner, we Skype’d with my Uncle Bruce and Uncle Craig so they could meet Paula.  All in all, I hope you had an awesome Thanksgiving and for My Readers who live in Countries that don’t celebrate it, You were thought of at our table.
Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Thanksgiving is about giving Thanks. Be Thankful for What You Have.   

No comments: