November 16, 2011

The Christianville Spirit: Meeting Samantha Brown/Best Friends Festival


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Sparks Your Heart
November 16, 2011- TCS # 275
So, a Couple Weeks ago, I saw a commercial on TV about something I’ve never heard of before and with someone awesome in it. The funny thing about this event was about something I had mentioned weeks before. Weeks before I went the event called The Travel and Adventure Show, Anthony Bourdain was going be in town for a talk. I wasn’t sure about going to see him but, as I told My Mom, “If Samantha Brown came to town and did something like that, I would definitely go”. Well, it turned that she was going to present at The Travel and Adventure Show on the Saturday after 11-11-11 here in Dallas. So, I researched it and it told me she was going to there around 12:15PM at the Dallas Convention Center. I found out that she was going to talk about her adventures in travel and what she learned then, she would have a meet and greet afterwords. Well, Sign Me Up! Anyway, My Mom and I drove down there, while trying to avoid the “Occupy” people, we got a bit lost because we didn’t know where they were and we wanted to avoid them. Anyway, so we got there and we got to see her, Samantha Brown, LIVE! Now, I have to say, the fact of meeting 2 celebrities in a Calendar Year is quite amazing but, it’s a different feeling seeing them on Television versus Live. You See, the thing about seeing them on TV is that you think, “Oh, I’m never going on meet them in Real Life” or “Just because their on TV, doesn’t mean their real”. Well, I’ll tell you, these people are Real. Of Course, the fact of meeting the one and only, Samantha Brown is quite big and yes, it was Awesome! What makes Samantha Brown so important is that she is funny to watch and listen to. I mean, as I told her, “I started watching her when I discovered The Travel Channel.” At the time when I discovered it, I found the show, Great Hotels and later on, Passport to Europe. When I was watching her talk, she said some pretty funny things and yes, I even learned stuff from her. One of the things I learned from her was what she called, “The 3 Things she Never Leaves home without”. The First thing on her list was Ear Plugs and as she says, “Not the fancy ones” because at one time she had noise-canceling headphones and they got stolen. So, she says to bring the small soft ones because, “No One will steal used earplugs”. The next thing on her list was a small rubber exercise ball and you lay on it and let them roll up and down your back, she says that it helps you quite a bit. The final thing on her list is Peanut Butter and she says that you can never go wrong with Peanut Butter because it goes with everything. Of Course, when traveling, to start conversations with locals, you make them Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches because first of all, it’s a great conversation starter and it’ll help show them what Americans eat and in return they’ll show you what they eat. Samantha Brown says that, “The rest of The World doesn’t know Peanut Better and Jelly like us Americans do” so, she says to share them with The World and yes, they’ll think it’s sounds disgusting but, they’ll like it and in a way, that’s a payback for eating something disgusting of their culture so, Everyone Wins and no one is insulted. Anyway, I want to thank Samantha Brown for being so kind to take time to talk with me, Take my Picture, and acknowledge me when I ran into her at the hotel. I really appreciate her kindness. 
On another note, Today began the beginning of what I call, the 7th Annual Christian’s Best Friends Festival which is my way on honoring my friends both special and the ones that I made this year. The following people were introduced at The Presentation of Friends and Friends made this year at The Best Friends‘ Festival..
  • New PTLS Family Members
  • Aunt Samantha and Aunt Shelly
  • Aunt Christina
  • Michael and I’s Friend, Spencer
  • Michael’s Friend, Cass
  • Samantha Brown
  • Dr. Jen Arnold
       All in all, Meeting Samantha Brown was really awesome and yes, she is nice as she says she is
Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Make Friends and Celebrate The Ones You Have

No comments: