August 11, 2010

The Christianville Spirit:(Special Edtion) PTLS Gathering and My Birthday Party

The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Inspires You
August 11, 2010- TCS # 211

Ok, everyone, this week’s edition of The Christianville Spirit going to a little different this week because this is going a Special Edition of it. Now, over the past couple of weeks I’ve writing on The Christianville Spirit Series, “A Day in The Life of Christian and PTLS” but, there was a special event that happened this past week that I’m doing a Special Edition on. You see, it all started several weeks ago when My Mom and I decided to come to Atlanta for vacation around My Birthday. So, one night I was talking to one of the PTLS Families, Samantha on Facebook and I told her about this Atlanta Trip. I told her that since she lived near Nashville and she could come to meet us. The next day, My Mom looked at her Facebook and found that she had wrote on there about this trip. To my amazement, within 3 or 4 days, there were already several families that wanted to come. So, on this past weekend, we had 5 Families come to my Uncle Bruce’s House to have both a PTLS Family Gathering and a Birthday Party to celebrate my birthday. As I told My Mom several times, this week “I can’t believe that families are coming out of their way to come to Atlanta to celebrate my birthday”. So, this thing started on Friday where we met 2 families at a Beattlemania Concert and ate at a place called The Train Station Café on D-Town Norcross, where my uncle lives. By The Way, D-Town is my way of saying “Downtown”. Anyway, then on Saturday we had a party at My Uncle Bruce’s House that so awesome that it lasted from Noon to 9:30 at night. It was amazing to see how all the families, the siblings, and even my own Smith Family interact with each other as if they had known each other forever. It was really great to see the dads of The Families talking to the other dads, being there to help, and understanding their children. A lot of the families by the end of The Party referred to me as their child’s “Big Brother” because there were a couple times, I had to make sure some of them were all right. So, a couple days later, My Mom, Grandma Honey, My Cousin Gram, and I went up to a place in the North Georgia Mountains called Amicalola Falls State Park, There they have a tall water fall which is really awesome but, the more awesomer part was that Amicalola Falls State Park is the unofficial end of The Appalachian Trail which I was ecstatic to see. I even got to see the registry of the thru-hikers that left from that spot to hike all the way to Maine. The Guide that I met told me that there was one person who hiked from Maine to Georgia and he left Maine in August 2009 and got to Georgia on December 31, 2009. so, this has been as awesome trip which by the way I’m still on. In Fact, not only is this the first time I’ve written my newsletter out-of-town but, also as I write this newsletter, I’m sitting in My Grandma Honey’s sunroom or as I call it “The Tree House”. Now, to the other families who couldn’t come, I’m Sorry and We will meet if I hadn’t already soon. Also, please know that this was not a Conference, This was a little gathering as well as it was a Birthday Party for me. Finally, I would also like to thank Grandma Honey for our transportation and of course, my uncle Bruce and Aunt Carolee for them letting us have the party at their house. All in all, It was and still is an awesome trip and All this stuff was the best birthday ever.




Thanks for reading The Christianville Spirit. Love is Thicker than Blood.

1 comment:

robert.centeno said...

So glad to hear you had a wonderful birthday. You touch many lives, just by being you. It may have been your birthday and you may have received many gifts, but you are the real gift to us all. All the best. Love Dad