October 29, 2008

The Christianville Spirit: The Texas Country Reporter Festival


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that touches lives
October 29, 2008-TCS # 123
In Texas, there is a show on TV called “Texas Country Reporter”. Texas Country Reporter is hosted by a man named Bob Phillips. This show is about this guy that travels all over Texas, spotlighting the unique people of Small-Town Texas. So, every year now he has a festival about it in Waxahachie, Texas, a town about an hour south of Dallas and last weekend, that is where My Mom and I went. It was a lot of fun and they had some of the people they spotlighted on the show. Some of the things we saw were of course, the Texas Country Reporter himself, Bob Phillips although I wanted his autograph he wasn’t doing it when I was there but, however I did get to see him. Also, they had a Texan who makes New York Hotdogs which I didn’t try because it had sauerkraut on it and I don’t like that. However, I did try what they called “Natchitoches Fried Meat Pie” courtesy of Mama’s Fried Pies which was really good; I tried both the meat pie and a fruit pie. After that, we saw what I wanted to see which was a lady who makes houses with miniature things in it and I thought that was really cool. Next to her was another lady who is completely blind and makes quilts which I found very amazing that she could do that. Finally, they had a family of mariachis who called themselves “Mariachi “L”. All in all, it has a fun time at the Texas Country Reporter Festival
Thanks for reading The Christianville Spirit. Be Grateful for Everyone you come into contact with, whether they deserve it or not!

No comments: