October 8, 2008

The Christianville Spirit: You're Beautiful


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that touches lives
October 8, 2008- TCS # 120
Wow! I’ve written 120 newsletters of The Christianville Spirit which have been filled with life changes and things that affect me. And, what I’m going to tell you this week is no different. So, My Mom and I were grocery shopping at Wal-Mart earlier this week and while we were looking for makeup for My Mom I glanced over to this family with a girl who looked like she was in her tween years and she did something that really disturbed me. She decided to grab a tube of lipstick, and I thought, “why should she have to do that to look and feel beautiful.” But, that is a sad fact of today’s world. Little girls have to sneak to get lipstick behind their parents back so they can look pretty because they’re under pressure to look pretty and because of all the extremely pretty girls they see on TV, as well as in the media. In fact, the company “Dove” has commercials about how little girls are under pressure because of that and how they have Self-Esteem Workshops so, they’ll no longer feel under pressure and actually feel pretty. Now, the cause isn’t only the media, there’s also their Self-Esteem is low because of the way others have treated them, and just the fact that Girls are wired to want to look pretty and nice. But, most of you are wondering “Christian, how do we fix this, because I would hate to have my daughter feel that way?” well, the way girls are wired; that you can’t fix, however, just a simple compliment of “You’re Pretty” or even “You’re pretty just the way you are” and of course that’ll help boost their Self-Esteem so, they can feel pretty. But, the most important thing to know is that no one is perfect and there’s no such thing as perfecality (my own word I made).
Thanks for the Reading The Christianville Spirit. Tell someone that they are beautiful to help their self-esteem. YOU’RE BEAUTIFUL!(as my mom sings all the time.)

No comments: