June 18, 2008

The Christianville Spirit: A Father's Day Tribute to Popi


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that touches lives
June 18, 2008- TCS # 105
As most of you know or are soon to find out, My Grandpa (or Popi as we call him) passed away in April. And, On June 15 was Father’s Day. So, I figured that we all had Father’s Day without Popi; this is my tribute to him. Can you imagine Father’s Day knowing that your grandpa or dad passed away? Well, we all know it’s very hard especially the first one. So, here’s I did to help. That day I figured it would be a good idea on honor him. So, I asked My Mom if there were any restaurants he liked to go to that here in Dallas and she there weren’t. Then, I told her that I wanted to honor him and she said that we could have a cookout and make one of his famous recipes which were putting ketchup and cheese inside hamburgers before they even ate them. Later, we decided not to cook out because it was too hot. So, the final decision was going to eat Italian because My Mom told me that he liked seafood and Italian. Now, here are suggestions on others who want to honor their father or other family member who passed away. One thing you could do would be to find out what the person loves to eat. Another thing to try would be making up a Father’s Day Prayer about you and your family member. And, the final suggestion would be to do something unique to that person. All in all though, I am glad that we honored him because it made me feel much better about it.
Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. If you still have a Dad, Mom, other family members that you really love, be blessed that you have them in your life.
This is edition of The Christianville Spirit is dedicated in memory of Warren “budsy/popi” Smith

No comments: