September 2, 2020

The Christianville Spirit: Computer Challenges

                  

                  The Christianville Spirit 
The Spirit that Gives Hope 
September 2nd, 2020- TCS # 702 

Welcome Back, My Readers! Boy, Even though I took a Week Off Last Week, I am still a little Exhausted. You See, My Made-Up Company WTSOC Communications and The Christianville Spirit has decided that It is Time for a Change. A Change in Computers for The Whole Company! Here at The Christianville Spirit, We are all about Professionalism but, We get a Littttle Upset when It comes to Big Changes. Since 2009, We have been Working with Macs. They are Easy, We know how to Work Them! A little “Command-Right Click to Copy” and Repeat for Pasting; Writing in Georgia Font, that makes sense; and, All the Apple Stuff that You could need. Well, My Company decided that Most of Our Macs that We have been using for 10 Years, Their Pixels are starting are Die and Become like Black Goo on The Screen that is a way has a Mind of It’s Own. Because Macs these Days are Ungodly Expensive, A Low-End One Refurbished (with Risk) is 7 or 800 Dollars. A New One is like 900 Dollars to like Over 1000 Dollars. Seriously! Okay, to be Fair, Most People (Generalizing Here) who use Macs are Not Only Very Smart but, Usually Gamers or Artists. People who need Intense Graphics. Not Me. Generally, I Cybertravel on Google Street View, Use Facebook, Skype (Sometimes), FaceTime (Sometimes), Research, and Of Course, Write My Newsletter. Extras like iTunes, can be used anywhere. On Any Computer. Within Reason anyway. So, Our Options are either a Google Chromebook (A Reverse Learning Curve) or a Windows PC (HUGE Learning Curve). Google Chromebook, at least for a Mac-User seems to be The Place to Meet halfway. It is sort of like The Lesser Expensive-User-Friendly-Mac-like PC, if that makes Sense. It has the Look of a PC but, Workings, or at least, The Operating System of a Mac, with a Few Differences. The Aforementioned, “Command Right-Click" is now a Two Finger Tap. Georgia Font is in Some Places and isn’t in Other Places. On Google Docs (“The Cloud of Chrome”), It is not there. But, on Microsoft Word, It kind of is There but, Kind of Not. It is only there is You copy Something from Another Site, It will put it in Georgia Font. So, I am trying out a Different Font, Cambria. Please Let Me Know if You can Read It easier on My Newsletter or not. Now, The Font is Minor Compared to Doing Exhausting things like Organization of Bookmarks, Writing Documents, or Otherwise Trying to move things into New Computer. I call it “Homie Chrome-y” because It sounds Cool and It help when It comes to Spelling The Word, Chrome. Especially, When You automatically want to Write “Chromosome”. One Thing, I have learned from My Company’s Computer Adjustment, is that Apple when It comes to Transferring or Moving Things is NOT Friendly. It is like a Group of Friends, You have Windows and Google that are Friends; Google and Apple are Friends; Chrome and Google, They are The Married Couple, but I digress.; Now, Apple and Windows are Absolute Enemies! Windows shares with Google and Sometimes, with Chrome.  and, Apple is Sitting over there Drinking Fancy Wine, saying to The Friend’s Group, I’ve got Stuff in My Own Format! that You Guys can not have! Now, Chrome is sort of The Friend that stands the Enemies keeping The Peace. “Windows: Here, Take some Chips and Don’t Listen to Apple because We (pointing to Chrome as well) have The Best Wine!”. Windows probably told me to Be Careful when I first got My Mac back in 2009. I used to work on a PC before that. I was used to PCs and I adjusted to Apple. But, I did not listen to The Windows Friend’s Warning! Apple is Good to Fall in Love with but, Let me Tell you, It is Horrible to break up with! It will be a Woman Scorn. Saying, “Fine! You don’t want me Anymore, I am going to make it SOO Hard for You!” Windows tells me “I told you so”. Not Helpful Friend! Chrome says, Come to Me! I’ll take Good Care of You! I am The Best of Both World’s. Heck, You don’t need “Programs” on Windows or “Apps” on Apple. Yes, You can have Apps via The Google Play Store. But, You can also use Extensions on Chrome Browser! Sometimes, Windows and Apple things don’t mix, but We do have Alternatives to Them! Gotta keep both Friends Happy and Not Upset either of Them! Good Friend, Chrome. Good Friend. At Least, Windows approves! I am halfway to a Traditional PC! Apple though, It’s over there Upset while Drinking The Fancy Wine! Be Friends with Us, Apple! Be Part of Our Group! We have Good Wine for All of Us to Share! Just a Note here, I myself, do not Drink Alcohol! I just thought that This would be a Good Way to Explain a Friend’s Group. All in all, It is taking a lot of Energy to do This Change but, I am working through One Day at a Time! 


Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Can’t Computer Friends all just get Along

No comments: