January 2, 2020

The Christianville Spirit: Happy New Year 2020!


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Gives Hope
January 2nd, 2020-TCS # 669

Welcome Back, My Readers from an Amazing Holiday Season! Time to Get back in Our Routines Again! As do I! It is Always My Honor to Welcome You to Another Year of Encouraging, Heart Warming and Hopeful Newsletters to come! but, First, Happy New Year and Welcome to 2020! Wow! 2020! Never thought I thought that I would say that! Growing Up, You always thought of a Year in The Future like The Year 2000, Anything after The Year 2000, considering The World-Ending Event of Y2K. So, The Year 2020 seemed so far away to One Time! Like saying, “The Year 2020?! Yeah, like That will ever happen!” or You hear about Some Awesome Project, be it on a Highway, a New Building, New Area of Town... You get The Idea and They say it like, Let’s say in 2015, that it won’t be Finished until 2020! Yeah! So Said Project will be Done This Year! Another Note, Which is Weird, is that People that were born in 1990 will be turning 30 This Year! Wow! Isn’t that Amazing?! Anyway, So The Tagline and Theme of 2020 is The Spirit that Gives Hope! This Year’s Tagline is credited to PTLS Family Member, Sally Morgan. You See, My Mom posted on Facebook for Suggestions about Taglines for The Year for My Newsletter, a Couple Years ago and She got a lot of Responses and So, I went through The Suggestions and Picked Sally’s. So, The Spirit that Gives Hope. Let’s Talk about that. First of All, Admitting that Yes, We are Human and No matter how Happy that We seem, We always, always need some kind of Hope. Hope for What? What kind of Hope? Well, In General, that is a Hard Question to answer for Two Reasons. One, It takes Guts to admit, Yes You do need Hope, Everyone does. But, Reason Number 2, One asks themselves “What Kind of Hope?” and Often, We don’t know the answer or more on The Lines of that We don’t want to hear The Answer because At Least, in an Average Human’s Mind, It means that We are Weak or that We need Hope. Truth, No, We are not Weak and Yes, All of Us need Hope. Now, As to What kind of Hope do You need. The Hard Answer, of course is that Only You know what kind of Hope that You need. Funny Thing, You may need Said Type of Hope more than One Time. Me, for Example, as Happy as I am, I have learned in 2019 that I tend to be, not just a Perfectionist, but a Little Harsh with Myself and I don’t think that I picked it up from Anybody or Any Experience in Life. I think (Keyword here, I think), It is just part of My Personality. So, The Hope I need is to Know and Believe that Not Everything in My World has to be Perfect. It can be Close to Perfect or Better Yet, Perfect for Me! It’s all about The Details with Me! Sometimes, Details (at least, Certain Details anyway) don’t Matter to The Story. To Me, They do, but Again that is Part of My Personality. As I told My Best Friend “M.P Twinee” that If I were on a Cruise Ship with Just the Right Amount of Activities, Enough Shows, Enough Free Places to Eat, because Some Cruise Lines like Royal Caribbean or Norwegian charge extra at “Specialty Restaurants” whereas Carnival doesn’t. We pull into Port and I see a Bigger and Taller Ship, I want to be on THAT Ship with The Bigger Things! But, Truth be told, I don’t need the Bigger Things! That is just My Perfectionist Ways! Hope basically says that Yes, I may want the Bigger Thing but, I need what I have at The Moment. Now, Of Course, Us Humans, We also don’t always need the Hope but, Someone Else in Our Presence (Yes, Even Strangers too!) need Hope. More often than Not, We, The Ones who have Hope should give Hope to Others. In My Humbly Self-Made Position of PTLS Ambassador, That I feel is The Number One Thing in The Job Description, is to Give Hope to PTLS Family Members that were Just Diagnosed or Those who did not know what Potocki-Lupski Syndrome was, in Their Lives A Couple Years ago. I know that When I show up for a PTLS Event, whether It is a PTLS Conference or a Sponsored PTLS Conference on The Road, that alone is Spreading Hope. I Humbly say that, I find that Pretty much Anywhere I go to, between My Mom and I, We always have a New PTLS Family Member or Even those that We have known a Long Time, to be in Tears and Saying, Thank You for All that We do in The PTLS Community and Most Importantly, Giving Them Hope that Yes, Their Child (and, Your Child too! Not Counting You Out here!) will be Fine. They may do things at Their Own Pace and At Their Own Speed, but Believe Me, They will do it. I will say that I take My Role very Seriously and It is Always My Honor to Give PTLS Family Members (and, Friends for that matter) Hope. The Best Part about Being Human though, is not Getting Hope but, Giving Hope. Let me Tell You that is The Best Thing of All! So, Before You Go and Give some Hope to People, Let Me tell You about My Goals! So, As You know, I don’t believe in New Year’s Resolutions because They fail all too quickly. So, Every Year Now, I come up with Goals with Love, Heart, and Of Course, with Hope. I have Learned that You can plan Goals and Destiny at The Time, says “Not Yet”. So, Maybe I should have My Goals more toward Where I want or Believe that Destiny wants me to go. I will still have My Goals but, This Year I am Letting My Angel Director of Destiny and Of Course, My Guardian Angel lead The Way because They know Where I am headed and Not what I want but, What I need!

So, Here are My 2020 Goals with Love and Hope in My Heart!

  • I know, I said This Last Year and I am working on It but, I want True Love. The Kind of Love that makes you Complete as well as Love that You can perfect over The Years. Love that makes you Fall in Love over and over, and You never get Tired of It; that Laughing at Something really Mundane kind of Love; Lay Underneath The Christmas Tree together or like Laying on The Grass looking at The Stars, with only The Christmas Lights at Night kind of Love; Singing to Our Favorite Song kind of Love; and, The Kind of Heart that will Love You No Matter what You look like or What You are doing kind of Love! Director of Destiny, “Ma Take The Wheel” with This One!
  • I do want My Mom and My Brother to find The Love of Their Lives too! And, for My Brother to become successful in What He Loves to Do because My Brother, Michael is worth it and deserves it!
  • Remember that I am not Perfect, I don’t need to be Perfect and Don’t need Perfect! I Need to be Perfect for Me!
  • Maybe have Faith’s Daughter teach me to Paddle Board. I would believe that Faith, herself, would still want me to at least try it.
  • And, Finally in The PTLS Front. I Love Geography so I  want to travel more to Spread Awareness about PTLS.   I Really hope to make It to Italy This Year! That would be a Dream come true! Of Course, Can’t Forget about Spreading Hope to PTLS Family Members and Friends!

So, Those are My 2020 Goals! Honestly, I look forward to 2020 and I Hope and Believe that It will be One of The Best Year’s of My Life. I know that like Too High of Expectations but If I know a Thing or Two about Destiny. Sometimes, If You Believe, It will happen! Here’s to Destiny, to Hope, and a Very Happy New Year!


Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Whether You are Giving It or Getting It, Always have Hope!

No comments: