January 9, 2019

The Christianville Spirit: Those Darn Electronics Rerun




The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Knows Love
January 9th, 2019-TCS # 622

Greetings and Happy January, My Readers! My Greeting is actually Greetings! That is Funny! Also, although I said Happy New Year already, It is a Happy January as well. Just because You enter January by saying “Happy New Year” does not mean You can not say “Happy January”. So, Boy, Do I have a Few Stories for You that relate to a Newsletter that I am going to Rerun. You See, not that I like to complain but, It seems that If I complain, It is going to be about Computers and Electronic Issues. You See, The Past couple weeks going into Christmas, I had been having different Issues with Different Elements of Computers and/or Electronics. Not that I make it known much, but, I have a Mac Computer, with that, Yes, does not come Viruses but, When Mac Computers have an Issue, let’s just say It is No Easy Fix. Because Macs are Very Intelligent. You See, All of a Sudden, while I was Cyber-Traveling, My Safari Application (Basically, Apple’s Internet Program. Sort of like Internet Explorer) froze on Me, which it does from Time to Time because either The Program has stopped responding or One Tab is not responding. I tried refreshing, Nope. Then, I tried Restarting The Program, It did not turn on. After Researching and Trying different Methods including Several YouTube Videos, I ended up having to Reinstall The Whole System. As I mentioned before, Macs are Very Intelligent. On PC, You would just Delete The Program or Offending File and ReInstall It, Simple. Nope, it does not work that way with Macs. It took a Long Time to Reinstall and then, It was working, but Many Things were Out of Date. I updated it and Now, We are back to Square One. I then called upon My Lovely Neighbour, Mr. Marshall, who really knows Computers well. All it took to Fix It was Deleting an Offending File, not from Safari but, From iTunes! Yes, Really! Apparently, Someone put some File in The Update of iTunes that only works for Updated Computer Systems (or MacOS). Listen, I respect You, Apple. I Love You, You provide iTunes Movies, You power My iPad, You don’t give me Viruses. But, at The Same Time, You force People to update to Whatever New System or iOS on The iPad (or Whatever device) and People either don’t have Room for Storage on Either or It adds things that They add across All users that The Person with The Older System really can’t work or use, therefore The Effect is useless, if that makes sense. Secondly, Which brought us all Quite a Lesson, over Christmas, Our Internet was Out! It was Out because of The Box that runs The Internet inside was Dead, Affecting Our Cell Service as Well. Our Neighborhood was built on a Former-Airport, I think It has something to do with that. Of Course, All This was happening pretty much the whole time that My Brother was in Town. I believe that It was to teach us that We don’t need the Internet to keep us entertained. I did not see it as a Good Thing but, It equalled to us having More Quality Time with My Brother and that was what We wanted in The First Place because It feels like We don’t get enough with My Brother when He is Here or With Us. So, It turned out to be a Good Thing not to have Internet for a Whole Week as well as Little Phone Service. Another Thing that has Me frustrated is that I am very Organized Guy. When I come across Articles that have References that I need to Save for Later, I quickly file them somewhere like Dropbox or Google Plus. A Couple Month ago, I found out that Google was going to Get Rid of Google Plus! So, Going into The New Year, I knew that I would have to find a Way transfer all of My Referenced Articles somewhere. So, I Figured that instead of Waiting until near The End Date of March of 2019, I figured that I would move them. It took me 3 Days to not only figure out how to move them, but Where to move them to. I figured that although I did not want to Dump a Bunch of Articles on Facebook to get them into My “Saved” Lists on Facebook, but that was The Only Way to do so. I also had a lot of Personal References to deal with as well. So, I decided to put those in an Email and Dropbox form because I did not want them on Facebook. Often I find that Big Companies like Apple, Facebook, and even Google, They don’t pay attention to what Their Users want. They just change when They see fit to do so. My Theory, What if They polled People about a Change that They want to make, see if Users want it or not and then, go from There. So, with all that said, I am going to rerun a Newsletter about “Those Darn Electronics”! Enjoy and Maybe, I helped you learn something! 

This Newsletter was written on January 11th of 2012 (Refer to Newsletter 282)

So, among the cool things that My Mom, My Brother, and I did for Christmas, besides having an “Italian Christmas,” that was a candlelit dinner and playing with one of My Gifts. You See, for years I’ve had an Ipod Touch to play on and by playing on it, I mean I researched things on the internet and listened to Music. Of Course, I never downloaded any games on it because that never interests me. Anyway, for this Christmas, I got an Ipad and I love it now. I’ve gotten many apps, including a Living Earth app that tells the time and weather of a location. Let me tell you though that this Ipad is quite addicting to use, I mean just the Living Earth and now, the Google Earth app is hard enough for me to put it down. Ho Ho! Now, you know, like any young person, I’ve followed the technology a little slower than others but, I followed it. However, there are times when Technology can get in the way. You See, I’ve noticed whenever I’m out with My Mom and Brother, I notice kids and their families playing with their Iphones or Ipod Touch and not talking to each other at all. You know that scene where a family of 3 or 4 are sitting together, 2 parents and 1 or 2 kids, the kids are playing their Apple Devices while the parents talk alone and eat. You Know, I’ve never done that and never will. You See, when I was growing up, we didn’t have any Apple Devices to play on and not talk to my family. In my day, it was that we all sat at the table and talked the whole time, when it came to leaving the table, you had to excuse your self. Believe it or not, I survived very well without electronics, Why? Because we had a trampoline and kids in all directions to play with. I mean, I consider myself quite lucky to have the childhood that I did, with no fences between 4 Yards and a cul-de-sac. Now, I know most kids here in Plano don’t get that kind of childhood but, still. As far as any electronics, what we had was the TV and a Nintendo 64, at times all the Herrick, Barsis, and others wanted to play. Of Course, when we’d go out, we would all sit and talk, and if we were at Joe’s Crab Shack, we would go and play on the playground sometimes for a couple hours, it was awesomely fun. So, of course, I learned my Social Skills pretty easily between 3 Barsi kids and 3 Herrick girls and of course, our trampoline in our backyard. Now, of course, to this day, whenever My Mom, Brother, and I go out, we talk the whole time. And, yes I make sure not to bring my Ipad to the table unless it’s something I really want to show My Mom, other than that, I don’t bring it to the table at home or out. It’s kind of sad to see families that let their kids bring their devices to the dinner table because and it shows how dysfunctional electronics can makes us. I’m saying this because everyone should be able to talk with one another and as My Grandma Honey would probably say, “There’s no one or thing on that device that is more important than Family.” Besides, the best way for PTLS Kids to learn to talk is by imitating those around us who are talking, not texting or playing on a device. All in all, put down those electronics and get back to basics. if your excuse is to use it for entertainment to keep your kids quiet when they’re little, don’t expect them to converse with you when their older. 






Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Be your kids’ entertainment, not the give the job to electronics.   

No comments: