October 4, 2017

The Christianville Spirit: The Good Doctor


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Makes You Wonder
October 4th, 2017-TCS # 564

Happy October, My Readers! Yes, Some People just love October. It means Autumn, Pumpkins, Pumpkin-spice Lattes, and Of Course, Halloween. Me? I only like it because It is My Brother’s Birth-Month and for Fall Foliage but, Halloween is in Not My Favorite Holiday. So, on to This Week’s Newsletter and Happy 11th Year of Writing to Me! So, This Week’s Newsletter is about something that has been Unconventional for The Longest Time. Don’t Worry, Folks! It is not going to get real like Last Week’s Newsletter. So, There is a New Medical Drama in TV and It is actually better than Grey’s Anatomy, Better than Grey’s Anatomy?! No Way! That is Crazy! It is actually from Writer of The Former-Medical Drama, House. This Show takes on The Medical World with a Huge Twist, The Doctor has Autism. Yes, Really, Autism. So, The Show is called The Good Doctor and contrary to belief, There are a Ton of what They call “Good Doctors” or Basically, Doctors that have Special Needs out there. As Long as They are Morally Right, Can Speak as Clearly as Possible, and Have a Passion to Save Lives, then You can become a Doctor! Anyway, This Show stars a Doctor named Dr. Shaun Murphy, who has Autism, but is Extremely Smart and Can Sense Things that Most People can not. My Mom and I started watching this show Two Weeks Ago, Once to give it a Trial Run to see if We like it or not, and Move on from There. Well, Long Story, Short, It opened My Mom’s Eyes up to the Mind of Someone with Autism, as well as Myself. 
Like, The First Thing, He can Imagine the Medical Anatomy of Particular Region of The Body, has it Pictured in His Head, and then can figure out What is Wrong with The Patient. It is something that I can do, only with Maps. I can Image a Part of The World while explaining about a Country or Explaining History of When something happened. 
The Next Thing, Opened My Eyes, with an Issue of Communication and (At Least for Me) The Distress of Someone in The Hospital, How do You explain what You are seeing to Another Doctor that needs to hear it? Well, First Off, The Distress did not bother him because His passion is to Save Lives! Anyway, The Way They animate this Show, They show on a Screen what He is Seeing as to What is Wrong with Said Patient, but trying to Explain to another Doctor along with The Hardness of Communication and The Doctor’s sometimes don’t listen because They believe that, “He doesn’t Know Anything! He has Autism!” and, that can’t be farther from The Truth. Sometimes, even though I have PTLS and I can Communicate well, I sometimes have trouble conveying certain things as well. Because so many things are going on in My Mind that I want to say, that My Mind gets ahead of Me. One Thing that I connected with was that He listened to Each Order that The Doctors (who did not understand him) said and Took it in Every Literal sense of The Word. Regardless, of Whether They were being Sarcastic or Just Plain Mean! Sometimes, Doctors can be that way. Not Our PTLS Doctors Though!
Another Thing that He did that amazed me was His Intuition! Whereas I have Intuition about People’s Emotions, Dr. Shaun Murphy had Intuition about People’s Health. For Example, There was a Little Girl with a Stomach Ache and Shaun thought it was Something other than a Stomach Ache. One of The Doctors mentioned about The Girl’s Parents arguing, and Shaun was told to send The Girl home because They thought that It was Only a Stomach Ache caused by Stress. Later, Dr. Shaun did one of Images in His Head and Figured out what was Truly Wrong with Her. He then went to The Girl’s House and try to help Her and The Arguing Parents did not believe him. Shaun used his Power of Obsession by knocking on The Door repeatedly, and Finally, got in to see that Shaun was Right about The Little Girl, Her Intestines were Twisted, making her Stomach Ache. I can relate to that because Us PTLSers have that Stubborn/Determined/Obsessive Streak. She went into Surgery and came out Okay. But, What amazed me was that He sensed it, He broke a Few Rules trying to care for Her, and He was Completely Right. Had Shaun not been there and so determined, She would have Died. Who says that Stubbornness and Obsessing never got you anywhere! In This Case, It actually has gotten Him results for what He thinks is going on. If a Mean Doctor says No, He will Obsess and Find a Way to get it Done! Just like Dr. Shaun has another Doctor to support and fight for Him because The other Doctors don’t want him there, I have Someone to Support and Fight for Me to get a Job that I can do that Others think I can’t. After Watching This, I noticed the Discrimination of People with Special Needs, it does not matter what Special Needs they have. All in all, Just like Dr. Shaun Murphy is Smart in The Medical World, I am Smart in the Geography World like People will not give me an Opportunity in the Job World! I just need an Opportunity!



Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. See A Person Abilities, Not Disabilities. It Might save your Life! 

1 comment:

Adelaide Dupont said...

Yes, Shaun is a very relatable doctor.

You do need the opportunity.