October 18, 2017

The Christianville Spirit: Find Out Who The Fettuccine You are


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Makes You Wonder
October 18th, 2017-TCS # 566

Ciao, Hallo, and Hola, My Readers! Wow! A Triple Greeting! Those are from all Three of My Origins, Italian, German, and Puerto Rican. So, On to This Week’s Newsletter and I promise it’s a Good One! Ya Know, There is question that People have to ask in Their Lifetime, Who The Fettuccine Am I?! I don’t mean, who are you, meaning The Personality side of You, but Who are You in The Background? My Name is Christian, I am Christian, and I have Potocki-Lupski Syndrome, what else is there to know? Well, how much what Descent are You from? My Mom’s side is Italian (Grandma Honey’s Father was Italian) and German (Grandma Honey’s Mom, Great Grandma Mimi was German) and, Of Course, My Dad’s Side is Puerto Rican. But, In Life, You are curious to want to learn about What Percent of What are You? and, Where exactly are You from? Well, I found out the answers to that Question via My Mom, Asking My Grandma Honey, and Research. So, First, I will tell you the Percentages of My Background. I am 
40 % Puerto Rican (Made up of 80% Spanish White, 8% Black, and .4 % Native American)
 25 % Italian
 25 % German
10% Irish
So, It was if I did My Ancestry Report without Submitting anything, just doing Research between My Mom and I. Now, I will say that with Two Sides of a Family and Two Descents, There may or may not be a Little Bias. Often You are told what Decent to Identify with. For Example, My Dad and His Family always told me to Identify as Puerto Rican (or Puerto Ricaño). As I did at the PTLS Mini-Conference (Maybe I should call it “PTLS Conference on The Road or PTLS Conference to You!”) in Madrid, Where I said I was Part-Puerto Ricaño. Actually, There is where My Last Name (Like or not) Centeno, came from. After All of Our Research, I feel that I would Identify with both of Puerto Ricans or Italians because of My Love of Pasta and Italian Food in General. However, I can Thank the Germans for bringing us The Language of English. Yes, Folks! It is True, in case You did not know that English comes from German and Yes, even a little Dutch.
 Anyway, Continuing with The Research because Percentages on Graphs and Statistics of Things fascinates me. What got me more curious more than The Percentages was The Where of it. Too many times, When it comes to History of Things, We tend to focus on the Who and the When, but not too much on the Where, that is unless The Where in History is Important. Now, If You tie all that together, I feel that it makes The History more Exciting and More Interesting to want to learn about. If It is not Interesting to us, then We think it is Boring. We think it is Boring, when History is told in a less Interesting Way. I remember in School that it is was like that and Pulling back to Family, At One Time, I was more Interested in Playing with My Cousins than Listening to at least what I thought at the Time, was boring History Stories from My then-Great Grandma Mimi. I bet you that She tell us The Who, The What, The When, and The Where; All Best Parts of a Story. Honestly, I wish I would have appreciated it more than I do now. But, You live and Learn, and Sometimes, although You may think that History is boring and Does not relate to You, but Oh, It Does! 
Anyway, (Clearing Throat), Back to My Research Story Here! I did Find out the Where of My Family. My Dad’s Side is Easy because My Dad’s Dad lived in a Town called Manati which is a Few Hours West of San Juan. I believe that, The Spanish part of My Dad’s Family came from Toledo, Spain. My Brother found that out and I found out while I was in Spain. 
The Italian/German/Irish Side of The Family, My Mom’s Side, took a Little more research. The Italian Part is from My Great Grandma Baba, who married Great Grandma Mimi who was German. After that, came Grandma Honey, came My Mom, came Me. I was Curious about it because I knew that We were Northern Italian (and, Yes, I am told, It really matters whether You are Northern or Southern Italian) But, to say that You are “Northern Italian”, to me, Is Very Broad! Northern Italy can range anywhere from Rome (Roma) to Milano-Torino (Milan and Turn respectfully!). Italian Names for Cities! it sounds Better, Okay?! Anyway, We are from a Town (now a City) called Bergamo in The Italian Region of Lombardia. But, There is a Little of us that is Tuscan (or Toscana) from Pisa. I like to know the Nearest Major City when It comes to Geography and Where Places are. It is Northeast of The Major City of Milano. 
The German Side came from Great Grandma Mimi, who was German. Now, to say that You are German again is Very Broad as Germany is a Large Country. So, You could be Berlin, Hamburg, Munich, Frankfort, or any other City in between German. We are from a City called Stuttgart. The Nearest Major City on This side of Germany is Frankfurt. Although, Stuttgart can be considered a City of It’s Own. 

Of Course, The 10 Percent Irish segment of Me, comes from My Mom’s Dad, Popi who was a little bit of Irish. We are not what region of Irish, but because Ireland is a smaller and less broad Country, I would probably guess that We were from Dublin. Now, I have heard that You could get Ancestry Citizenship of a Country like Ireland, like I feel that with respect to Ireland, I don’t feel that Irish. Italian, is more of a Likely Ideal. When You have Family Names like Borella, Cravero, and Vitagliano, You can’t get any more Italian than That! All in all, If You are Curious about History or Your Own History, I think You ought to check it out because You may find Interesting Things!



Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Learn Where You Come from!

No comments: