November 2, 2016

The Christianville Spirit: My Headache Remix


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Encourages
November 2, 2016-TCS # 518

Happy November, My Readers! Yes, Folks! That is Right, Halloween, My least Favorite Holiday is over and It’s Time for Christma...Hold on a Minute! I am happy that Halloween is over too, but What about Thanksgiving? Like I mentioned in a Newsletter about I feel like Thanksgiving is skipped (Refer to Newsletter 475 or November 2013). Okay, I’ll give you a break This Year without the Political Correctness (We have enough of that with Our Election!) Happy Christmassing Away! Anyway, On to This Week’s Newsletter, Due to an Episode that I had that other day, I am going to Rerun and Remix while I am at it, a Newsletter that I wrote back on February 6th of 2013 (Refer to Newsletter 337). Enjoy!
So, This Week, I’m going to write about something that I thought that I only had, but apparently a couple of PTLS Kids have. So, before I start, I need to put a Disclaimer in, so Parents don’t freak out. Disclaimer: *Not ALL PTLS Kids/ Adults have this.* So, this is how I remember it, One Day I remember, I all of a sudden started getting headaches. It started happening in December of 2008. I remember that because it was the time that We got done with getting Guardianship for Me. At First, I thought something was wrong with Me, like as if I was sick or tired, or something Medical that was of concern. Now, when I say that I have had headaches since then, they haven’t all been strong headaches, most of them have been ones that you barely notice but, know that they are there. I do have bad headaches every now and then, but I am not sure why, I’m going to see the doctor about it. When I was younger, the doctor did not see any Chiari but, I need to have it checked again. I even came up with my own headache scale so I can tell if it is a Low Headache or a Headache to be concerned about. I call it my “HDA Scale” or “Headache Index Scale.” So, for example if I say I have an “HDA 5.7” Headache, that would mean that is a Medium Headache. My Rule on it, is that if it is a 7.1 or Higher, then I need to go to bed early and oddly sleeping it off does help. Most of the time, I have My Mom give me medicine if it is getting bad, I have My Mom rub what I call my “Neck Cords” which are the two muscles that run down on both sides on the back of my neck. My Mom finds that the way I sit sometimes and the way I sleep, stretches The Cords out and causes me to have headaches. At Least, that is one of the guesses we have about why. I will say that the Chiropractic Adjustments that I have sometimes, helps that the cords relax a little bit and it helps a lot. As far as Medicine goes, it helps me a bit but, not as much as just sleeping it off. The Problem with that is that I don’t like to go to bed early, I can if I need to. But, I would rather stay up and go to bed at My Normal Time. I can always tell when I’m having a bad headache because My Forehead starts to hurt and When the headache gets bad enough, it makes me start to feel nauseous and then, it starts to make me feel sick.  

Now, as I have had Headaches for a While now, It is getting Harder for Me to Gage where on The Headache Scale I am.  Most of The Time, If I have a 7.1 or Higher HDA, I get Nauseous and I know that It is Time for Me to go to Bed. My Recent Episode, I started to feel Nauseous because of a Bad Headache and I thought, I could make it a little longer. And, then Another Thing It is hard for Me to Gage, I felt like I was going to be Sick. I stopped what I was doing, sat there, and Pretty much ran from The Living Room to Bathroom getting sick and more in The Bathroom. Funny, by the time, I realize that I’m going to be Sick and need to get to The Bathroom, I only have a Minute to get up and go. I don’t really feel like going to The Bathroom to get sick until I know I have to go. This Time, I kind of thought that It was only Nausea like I normally have when I have a Bad Headache. Luckily though, I do not have 7.1 or Higher Headaches that often. On Average, My Headaches are maybe a 2.3 or 3.5 HDA. Before Writing This Original Newsletter, I thought that It was only Me who had Headaches or Something was wrong with Me, but, I was surprised to learn that It is Common for PTLSers to have Headaches.
So, If your kids can’t tell you that They have a headache, watch for signs like Rubbing their Forehead, Playing with Their Ears, or Rubbing Their Neck. Also, Their Eyes may look Sad, they may have what My Mom calls “That Look on their face”; which looks like that something is wrong, they don’t feel good, or going to Sick. All in all, Headaches are No Fun.





Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Our Heads should be as happy as We Are.         

No comments: