November 16, 2016

The Christianville Spirit: Celebrating Christian's Best Friends' Festival



The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Encourages
November 16, 2016-TCS # 520

Happy Michael Day, My Readers! I actually have not written on The First Day of My Best Friends Festival in all The History of Writing for 10 Years. So, What is “Christian’s Best Friends’ Festival”, You ask? For Those of You that Don’t Know, I hold a “Best Friends Festival” Each Year from November 16th-20th and Each Day honors All My Friends and I name a Day after a Few Select Friends, among them, My Brother, Michael; Childhood Friends, Brooke; Meredith, and of Course, Whitney; and, Ending with My Best Friend, Steven. More on that in a Second. Anyway, So in thinking of What I could write about This Week, I though about Writing about What an Expat is, Maybe a Newsletter about How We need to Love one Another, or Something Special about My Brother because He is going through a Bit of a Hard Time. So, Before I begin with What I am going to write about, My Best Friends Festival. I want to Say for those like Me that are worried about Our Country’s Condition, We will be Okay! Just Spread Love! An Expat, in short is Someone from a Country moving to Another Country, either Short Term or Long Term. So, on to This Week’s Newsletter. So, on The Opening Day of Christian’s Best Friends’ Festival. Michael Day, It is a Big to do! It starts with The Opening of The Festival Doors, City of Christianville Band, The Presentation and Introduction of Friends, and The Parade of Michael Centeno featuring My Brother and All that He likes. But, One Thing that Touches Me that I did not think about until Now is How Blessed I have been This Year between Friends that I know and More Importantly, Friends (or Family) that were Introduced in This Year’s Best Friends‘ Festival. Starting with Who I feel has been The Most Important of This Year and Believe Me, I have met a Lot of Brilliant People both This Year and in My Life. Those People are Jona and Dona Watson, Lynee’s Sister and Mother, and Dad included as well. Not sure that I have ever said This but, It is Something really, I never thought would happen. I don’t know about You, but An Old Fashioned Romantic like Me, feels that It is a Must or at Least a Dream to meet The Family of a Girl that You were either Dating, Liked, or Had a Crush on. In This Case, I had a Huge Crush on Lynee and I figured that because I thought it was Time that I needed a more Modern Picture of Lynee instead of The Old One I have, I figured Why Not Contact Them? To say the least, It not only provided My Self with Closure and Quite an Accomplishment of Meeting My Year’s Goal. But, Most Importantly, It blessed Their Life and Honestly, I am blessed that I could do that for Them. The Second Important Person, or actually Persons, was that I got to If You Will, Re-Meet an Entire Family. You See, My Mom’s Dad’s (Popi) Side of The Family had a Family on the West Coast in Oregon. I like to refer to them as “The West Coast Smiths”, They are The Grants but, Anyway. Up until February of This Year, I had never been to Oregon but We always planned to go. Well, on Valentine’s Day, My Aunt Ginny passed away, so We went to Oregon to have a Memorial/Family Reunion because Truth be told, We had not seen each other for 10 Years! So, It was an Awesome Way to Re-meet them! The Third Person, is My Brother’s Girlfriend, Nicole and Believe it or not, and This shocks me too, This is a Girlfriend of My Brother’s that My Mom actually Likes! Yes, I can’t believe it either. Of The 2 Girlfriends that My Brother has had, My Mom likes Nicole The Most. Nicole actually has helped My Brother in More Ways than He (or Us, for that matter) realize. Alot of Not Good things could have happened if Michael had not Met Her. Blessing in Disguise, I tell ya! Of Course, We can’t forget Meeting PTLS Members as well as Present PTLS Members. PTLS Member, Jennifer formerly-Scarborough has been around for Quite some Time but, She was been Very Supportive of My Mom in The PTLS Family. PTLS Member Natalie Hinkin, I thank her alot because She made a Birthday Brunch Meal at Her House for Me, when We were driving home from Colorado. Some Thanks have to go to My Mom’s Friend, Barbara because She was the one who Found (actually better said, Rescued) a Boy Dog known as Paco. We have never had a Boy Dog in Our House before and He is quite a Handful, but We are hoping to He will be with Michael again soon. And, The Final Person is Someone named Deb, that I have been talking to for 2 Years online and This Year, I finally met her in Person. All in all, I have been Blessed to meet Several Great Friends This Year. I thank All My Friends, Family, and PTLS Family for being so Awesome!


Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Love everyone who comes and goes in Your Life!   

No comments: