March 25, 2015

The Christianville Spirit: Christian Visits Nebraska (NFM)



The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Sparkles
March 25, 2015-TCS # 443

So, My Readers, I have an Exciting and Adventurous Story to Tell You. I went to Nebraska! That’s Right, I went to Nebraska! Okay, I am just kidding, I went to Something else called “Nebraska” not The State of Nebraska. You See, There is a Massive Furniture Store in a Town, West of Plano called The Colony. It is called Nebraska Furniture Mart. To Explain it’s size is that it is 36 Football Fields and 150,000 Square Foot Showroom. Now, That doesn’t even include The Huge Parking Lot and an Even Bigger Warehouse. If You were to look at it all together, It would look like a Mall or a Stadium. So, We would drive by and watch it as it was being built. “What in The World is THAT?!” I would think, each time that We drove by it. As we kept driving by it, It would get bigger and bigger. So, One Day We found out that it was Open, finally, and It was a Nebraska Furniture Mart. I was curious about driving by it and It was really crowded, like the Parking Lot was packed, so we figured that we would go during The Week when There weren’t a lot of People there. So, We went Last Thursday to check it out. We walked in and It was Overwhelmingly Huge! There was a Cop and a Greeter saying, “Do You want a Map?” after My Mom said, “Wow! This Place is Huge!”. The First Stop, There was See’s Candies and As One of the YouTubers that I watch says, “When You see a See’s Candies, always ask for a Sample” Unfortunately, They were not doing Samples just yet. It was a “Soft Opening” to let people come and check it out. The Grand Opening will be Next Month. This Place is Very Different in comparison to other furniture stores because it has a Much Wider Layout than others and The Prices are even better too! The Next Stop, Which is a Must in a Furniture Store, The Recliners! Oh My Lord, My Readers! You should have seen some of these Recliners! There were Soft Ones, Hard Ones, and Then We get to The Massaging Recliners! Now, The Massaging Recliners had various types of Massages. One, It had a Whole List of Buttons saying “Where do You feel Pain?” You could do Upper Back, Middle Back, and Lower Back along with How Intense You want it. There were So Many Buttons, I didn’t know which one to Push. I will say, A Few of Them were a bit too intense for Me but, I found some better ones. One Chair had the Back Massager and The Reclining Part where You put your Feet in and It Vibrates as well as Massages your Feet, And Finally, The Most Awesome Chair that I have sat in. My Mom tried it first and It made her go “Woah!” Not Sure if It was My Mom’s kind of Chair. But, It felt REALLY GOOD to Me. The “It” I am referring to is a Zero Gravity Chair, It leans You to where You are Flat on Your Back and You have Your Legs in The Air, Your Legs are Above Your Heart and According to Doctors, It is The Healthiest Way of Sitting. Well, It certainly would help with People (Like Me) that have “Text Neck”. I could just sit in The Zero Gravity Chair and Read on My IPad without Hurting My Neck. Now, I will answer that Question and Everyone is Curious about, Does anyone else fall asleep in Those Recliners? and The Answer is Yes! Just put on Some Tropical Music and Put Me in The Zero Gravity Chair, I would be Relaxed in Seconds! And, Probably, asleep in Maybe 30 Minutes or an Hour of It. Ahhhhhhh! I got to keep going with This Newsletter! Let’s get up slowly and Keep Checking Out The Store. After We leave The Recliner Section, We passed the Bed Section, just to check them out. After That, We went downstairs and passed Subway (We did not Eat there). Then, Of Course, Being a Guy, You have to check out the Big Televisions and Boy, were They huge. The First TV I saw was (You are Not going to Believe This!) a 90 Inch Television. That is Right, A Ninety Inch Television! I have never seen a TV that Big outside of a Movie Theater in My Life. “They are probably for ‘Media Rooms’ in Houses”, My Mom says. While I was in Big Television Heaven, My Mom went over to the Clearance Section of The Store. I heard a Guy behind me shout obscenities about How Big that 90 Inch TV was, just as My Mom walked away. To Give You a Taste of This Large TV Heaven, Listen Up Guys! A 90 Inch, 80 Inch, and 70 Inch Television. And, Let’s not Forget the New Curved TV. Now, Normally I would not recommend getting more stuff, Because Spending Money on a Trip in Much Better Money Spent, but Just The Idea of a TV that Big and Add in The Zero Gravity Chair, and I don’t think I would ever leave My House. Now, I do have to say that because of My Lack of Depth Perception, The Curved TV bothered My Eyes as well as The Big TVs. But, Hey! One can Dream, can’t they? So, after I leave The Big Television Heaven, I even watched The News on a 60 Inch, I walked over where My Mom was and I could show her all the cool TVs that I found. We were talking to a Guy who worked there and He told My Mom about what it is like to Work there. He said it takes 30 Minutes to get from His Car, Out of The Parking Garage, Downstairs ,and Most Halfway across The “Showroom Floor”. Like I said, This Place is Huge! After I showed My Mom the TVs, We walked through The Computer Section (another Heaven for Me) and Then, We checked out The Texas Section. It was The Kind of Stuff that You would put in a Log Cabin or Rustic Cabin. I sat in a few Animal Fur Chair including a Buffalo Fur Chair. It was Very Weird, I will say. But, Some People are into that kind of stuff. I would rather be near The Computers, The Televisions, or The Recliners Please! After that, We have checked out the Whole Store. According to Many of The Employees that worked there, said that They really enjoyed working there and Even They, Themselves are a bit shocked at How Big This Place is Every Time they go to Work. One Person told me that They are going to build a Venetian “Lifestyle Center” around the Furniture Mart as well as 3 Others within a 2 Mile Radius, They are bringing Toyota here, after all. All in all, I really hope You enjoyed Our Adventure and a Little Tour of This Place. I would really recommend that You check it out. Just Beware of The Those Sections I told you about!



Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Keep Your Heart as Texas or Nebraska Furniture Mart.

1 comment:

robert.centeno said...

Big D has it all; Big hair, Big recliners and Big TV's, but none as big as the heart and soul of Christian. Love reading your
blog !!!

Dad.