February 4, 2015

The Christianville Spirit: I was Born This Way Rerun

The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Sparkles
February 4, 2015-TCS # 436

So, As Part of The Christianville Spirit’s 10th Year Celebration as well as to Remember some of My Gold Newsletters that I have written, I am going to do occasional re-runs as part of This. We’ll use this to show how much I have changed in The Past 10 Years and Some of Them, You may want to re-live and Even some that You have never seen on My Newsletter Site! So, This Newsletter was written back in April of 2011. (Refer to Newsletter Number 246). At The Time, I was passionate about a Campaign called “Spread The Word to End The Word”. This Campaign, by the way, is still going strong. I explain about it in The Newsletter Below, a Bit of Warning though, There is a bit of Language but, It is all the Prove a Point. Enjoy! 
So, Do you remember when I shortly mentioned about something called “Spread the Word to End the Word”? Well, This Week I’m going to go into detail about it. It is a Program called Spread the Word to End the Word that was created by the CEO of the Special Olympics, Timothy Shriver. Now, What word do they want to end? The ultra-dissing word of people with Special Needs, the R-Word as I call it or to be precise (excuse me for My Language) Retard or Retarded. Most people use this word as “That’s [so]Retarded” or “Your[so]Retarded”. Anyway, You get what I’m saying. On the website for this campaign, www.r-word.org they list how hurtful this word is, along with as they refer to as “Cheers and Jeers”. Cheers meaning people who support this campaign and who think we should end the “R-word” like Me and several others including Johnny Knoxville and Stephen Colbert just to name a few and Jeers, meaning the people who still haven’t stopped using the word. Anyway, I’m so thankful to this campaign to stop using the “R-Word” because it hurts me when people say it whether it’s toward me or not. And, as they say it’s hurtful to Special Needs People if you use it in front of them or not. The funny thing is, is that the word “Retarded” or “Retard” back when it was first used wasn’t really directed at Special Needs People, it is supposed to mean making an object smaller such as Meat or Bread. Then, some hater must have seen someone with Special Needs, thought of the word, and then it spread like wildfire. Anyway, I’m proud to have this program protecting me and I pledged to be a part of it. By the way, if you want to Pledge, go to www.r-word.org, Read all about it and Pledge. On a side note, Lady Gaga’s song “Born This Way” inspires me because I was “Born This Way”, to be Special to Everyone and God himself. All in All, I am happy to have Special Needs and Share my Love and Knowledge to everyone.




Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. I was Born This Way, Go Out and Be Special!

No comments: