December 3, 2014

The Christianville Spirit: Decorating for Christmas at My House


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Uplifts Your Soul
December 3, 2014-TCS # 427

Happy December, My Readers! I Love December! It is My Favorite Month because of a Cheerful Holiday called Christmas. So, Graduation Countdown Update for My Brother, 11 Days (or 2 Weeks) until My Little Brother, Michael graduates from College! More on that, Next Week.  So, Since It is now The Holiday Season, I would Love to invite you see what happens when We do an Exciting Event known as decorating for Christmas in My House. You See, When it comes to Decorating The House, I get Very Excited and I even decorate My Room. So, My Christmas-Decorating Tradition, We put them up on December 1st (or November 30th) and then, they stay up the whole month until New Year’s Eve when We take them down, In My Head, They resemble The Old Year and Why not start The New Year clean. Anyway, After we get all the Boxes with The Decorations in them, We take them out and start spreading The Cheer. This Year, We had My Brother help decorate. Now, He is not as much in Christmas as We are but, We figured that because He was Graduating from College This Year, December 13, We should “go all out” for Our Decorating and “Go All Out” We did. My Brother and I worked getting The Tree up and Then, I was in charge of Decorating The Tree. This Year, I choose a “Candy Cane” Theme (with Red Bulbs and White Garland) instead of The Traditional Ornaments that My Mom’s Dad (We call him “Popi”) made for Us. But, In The Spirit of “Going All Out”, I decided that We should try out a Tradition that we have not done in a while. You See, When We were Younger, Popi made us both not only Ornaments each year, but Also made little “Houses” and It eventually added up to a Mini-Town. Well, Blame it on Laziness, but We have not put up The Mini-Town in quite a few years and I figure that It was Time to Honor Him since We were “Going All Out” anyway. My Mom and I (My Brother had to go to Work), said a Prayer over The Town to Honor Popi by saying, “We honor This Town in Popi and Jesus’ Name, Amen.” Between My Mom and Brother working on Popi’s Town and Myself working on The Tree, I believe that we did a Really Good Job decorating. But, What about Decorating My Room? Well, When it comes to Decorating, I always have a Debate in My Head, to either Decorate before We do The House or After We do The House. This Year, I did it after. So, on December 1st, I decided to Decorate My Room and Decorating My Room has it’s own tradition in My Head. So, First, I get The stuff out, make sure to Test The Lights, and Have it ready to put up. Here is where gets a Little Passionate and Dare I say, as Grandma Honey would put it, “Mushy”. So, in accordance, to My Room-Decorating Tradition, I get My IPad and/or Computer and put on My Christmas Music. Yes, I Love to play Christmas Music while I am Decorating. You’ll love This Part, I use N’Sync’s “Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays” as My Opening and Closing Song for Christmas Decorating, call me Old Fashioned, but that is The Way I like to do it. So, Again with My Tradition, I normally put Lights around My Map of The United States, as Well as part of My Atlanta Braves banner, over My Calendar and encircle The Lights around My Fake Palm Tree. The encircled lights remind me of when My Dad, My Brother, and I went to Palm Springs, California and Spot Lights shined upward to The curve of The Date Palm Tree. Anyway, but in My Lights Test before hand, They did not Work! Oh Boy!, as My PTLS Brother, Tyler would say. I thought, “Okay, either I am going to have to Delay My Room Decorating until I can get More Lights or This is going to be Short” and So, I put on My Music and I decorated with What I had to work with. After I had Done the stuff I normally do, I thought, “Okay, We need to ‘Make-Do’ Here and Make it Better” So, I moved some of the decorations, The 2 Green Bead Necklaces I got one year for St. Patrick’s Day (that is probably another Tradition Story for Another Time), They usually go on My Fan’s Speed Control and The Other over My Dresser. Well, I put The Long One around The Trunk of My Palm Tree (It looks pretty) and The Shorter One over the Atlanta Braves banner, across The Calendar and Ending at My Post Cards I got from PTLS Family Members in Sweden and Denmark. So, After that was Done, I thought, “Okay, now What about The Christmas Lights?, I can’t have a Christmas without Christmas Lights!” So, My Mind went to The ‘Make-Do‘ theory and I remembered that I have a Mini-Christmas Tree that (like Popi’s Town) I haven’t used in a while. So, I put it where My Lamp usually is and I plugged The Lights in, I thought, “Oh Man, I hope these Work” and to My Surprise, They did Work! Now, Okay given It doesn’t provide as much light as The lights would over My Map, but I will tell you, It looked pretty with The Mini-Christmas Tree. Now, that is not to say that I was not disappointed that The “Map Lights” didn’t work but, Maybe It was for a Good Change to have a Little Christmas Tree in My Room. After all, It can’t be Christmas without a Christmas Tree. All in all, Sometimes, You have Your Tradition and It is Okay to not use all of them because Maybe, Just Maybe a Better Tradition comes from the ‘Make-Do’s of Your Life. Now, not to put words in Grandma Honey’s Mouth but, I am pretty sure that She would say that kind of Advice.



Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Love the Simple Things in Life, Sometimes They are Better.  

1 comment:

Linda said...

Hi Christian! Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada. I also love Christmas and have ever since I was a little girl...and at the age of 58 I still do. You have a lovely blog, I enjoyed this post very much.