March 27, 2013

The Christianville Spirit: Old Friends


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Fills Your Heart & Lifts You Up
March 27, 2013-TCS #344

So, For Those of you that have been following My Newsletter for a while would know that I cherish all the fun that I had in My Childhood. So, This story that I’m going to write will be no different. You See, I consider myself very lucky to live the Childhood that I did, here in Plano, let alone anywhere in the country. Anyway, to summarize for those who don’t know, I had grown up together with the kids (Known as “The Barsi’s”). We lived on a cul-de-sac, the backyard had a creek, we also had a Trampoline, and we could run through 4 Yards without ever running into a fence. We lived next door to a family of Girls who we know as “The Herrick Girls.” So, One of the Herricks posted something that reminded me of our childhood and how fun it was. I thought, “Maybe we should have a reunion some time!” After that, I reconnected with some of My “Long-Time Friends” as I refer to them as, on Facebook. Again, it does make me very Thankful for things like Facebook. Funny Enough, In our childhood, there was no such thing as Social Media (i.e.: Myspace or Facebook) or such things as IPads & IPhones, Oh The Horror! Actually, This was part of why I had such a good childhood because we had to play outside. Anyway, It was really nice to reunite with them on Facebook because we haven’t seen each other in person in at least 10 years. So, I got in contact with Alex, the youngest of the Barsis, and the other day he got to come over to our house to hang out. I’ll say that it was awesome to see him again. We got to talk about all the memories, fun, and good times we had and after My Brother got home, we got to play Nintendo 64 like we used to. We used to play it a lot but, only the times when we couldn’t go outside like if it was raining or too hot. I mean, most of the time, we were Outside, climbing trees, going down in the creek, building dams in the creeks, bike rides, jumping on The Trampoline, and running around. Basically, we had to have a good reason to play inside when it was a pretty day outside. Every Summer, we would spend every weekend to the Lake House out in the country. It would be sort of an Inside Joke between us to say that being outside in those days was our “Social Network.” As I look back on it now, If I had lived on a straight-lined street and fenced in neighborhood, I would have been bored to tears. So, reconnecting with Childhood Friends is something that I love to do and plan to do more of, these friends mean a lot to me because they always accepted me for who I am. Thanks Friends! All in All, Having Special Needs didn’t matter to this group of kids and That’s why they are so important to Me.


Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. The Spirit that Fills You with Friends.




1001 Great Ideas for Teaching and Raising Children with Autism or Asperger's, Revised and Expanded 2nd Edition

No comments: