March 13, 2013

The Christianville Spirit: My Love for PTLS


The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Fills Your Heart & Lifts You Up
March 13, 2013-TCS # 342

So, For This Week’s Newsletter is going to be a very special one because of the Awesome Week that I’ve had. You See, as I mentioned in Last Week’s Newsletter, I had mentioned a blip about the Day of Naming of Potocki-Lupski Syndrome or what I’ll now call “PTLS Day.” So, on the evening of PTLS Day, I wondered about it and more importantly, I thought, Why do We Celebrate PTLS Day? It got me thinking that Our World wouldn’t be the same if there was No PTLS and I was a Normal Guy. It makes me realize how much something that I’ve lived with My Whole Life, could mean so much to Me. Now, I’ll tell you, that Having PTLS isn’t always easy and Yes, There are parts of it that I would love to press a Delete Button on, namely My Headaches & Anxiety, but I still love having PTLS because it makes me..Me. It makes me Unique and Makes me feel Special. So, Back to that question, “Why do We Celebrate PTLS Day?”. I can’t resist, I have to use the words of Bon Jovi, “Because We Can!”. But, other than that, Because it promotes Understanding. It feels really good to know there are people out there who behave in a very similar way that I do or In funny cases, The Behaviors I did when I was younger, when I was their age. I always like to Point Out that I also have Many PTLS Family Members around The World that I consider to be part of My Family, whether they have titles like Aunts, Uncles, Brothers, Sisters (You know what I mean) or not. They are all part of My Family, My very Large, Unique, and Across The Globe, Worldly Family. Most People would ask, “Why are these so called strangers, Your Family?” Because, I have more in common with These “Strangers” than I do with My blood Family or even, Friends. Although, Friends, You are important to me too but, that’s not the point. I have to say, I am honored that Dr. Potocki(known in The PTLS Union as “Queen Potocki”) and Dr. Lupski (PTLS Union Name: “King Lupski”) that they would even put their names on this. It’s an honor to have their names and to know them personally. And, Finally, The Understanding. I Believe all of us PTLS Family Members understand each other because we (both Parents & PTLSers) don’t feel so alone. Because if it weren’t for knowing about PTLSers around The World, I would feel alone because there would be No One that I could relate to in the way I do things, The Way I Talk, and The Different Behaviors that I do. So, it makes feel good to be part of this community. All in all, The PTLS Foundation could use your support to help make sure that No One else feels alone.



Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Embrace Your Differences and Cherish Who You Are.




No comments: